Technical Support Engineer
- Accept new incidents as created by customers
- Support assigned clients / customer environments in the Cloud by having an intimate knowledge of a client’s implementation and critical business processes
- Investigate new incidents as reported by customers, or through automated alerts. Ensure the issue is properly understood and documented in CRM. Gather necessary evidence for triage and incident resolution.
- Escalate P1 or urgent issues as needed to the appropriate teams and management
- Gather necessary evidence for triage and incident resolution.
- Resolve incident per Sigma triage and resolution processes or escalate to Tier 2 for additional assistance.
- Communicate regularly with customer and internal resources on status of incident per accepted guidelines
- Ultimately responsible for resolution of all incidents opened by the customer
- Assist customers with operational issues on the software.
- Coordinate customer deployments with internal teams
- Documentation related to new release which includes release notes and Deployment document
- JBOSS: Able to maintain an application within JBOSS
- UNIX: Intermediate-level knowledge, with some experience in maintenance or admin activities.
- Oracle: Intermediate-level knowledge of Oracle (OR another relational database, such as Sybase or MS SQL), such as basic SQLs/queries
- Experience in a software development environment or in roles such as technical support, business analysis, project management team, client on-site, or other customer-facing roles.
- Knowledge of the domain (high-speed data, VoIP), particularly with the cable / Telecom industry.
- Deployment of Product application in product environment If taken part in any Migration activity is preferred
- Basic Networking knowledge is preferable.
- Basic knowledge of Docker is an added advantage.
Education & Experience
- Experience Requirements – 5+ years
- B.E degree in Computers OR Electronics or a related subject, or commensurate industry experience.
Sigma Systems is the fastest path to creating, selling and delivering digital products and services. The company’s portfolio spans enterprise-wide product & service catalog, configure price quote, order management, service provisioning and device management – all of which can be deployed in the cloud or on-premise. Sigma software is enabling product innovation and business agility at large communications, media and high-tech service providers globally.
We offer a fast-paced, success-oriented work environment fueled by the talent, skills and expertise of our employees. We offer competitive salaries, performance-based incentives, a world of career opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package.
Our corporate values of innovation, dedication and agility allow us to exceed expectations while saluting success along the way.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, apply today to join our team and help us do things The Sigma Way!