Technical Support Analyst
Reporting to the Manager of Technical Support, the Technical Support Analyst is responsible for the acceptance, triage and resolution of customer reported incidents. They will perform preliminary investigation and resolve incidents, update tickets with status and work with other sections of the business on delivering workarounds and patches as applicable. We are looking for a go-getter, a self-starter, someone who loves to get their hands dirty solving problems. This is a great opportunity for ambitious candidates who are looking to progress within a reputable software company.
Where assigned, they will work on customer projects for UAT and delivery of new software.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR DAY
- Support clients by having an intimate knowledge of a client’s implementation and critical business processes.
- Investigate new incidents as reported by customers, ensure the issue is properly understood and documented. Gather necessary evidence for triage and incident resolution.
- Escalate P1 and urgent issues as needed to the appropriate teams and management.
- Resolve incident per Sigma triage and resolution processes or escalate for additional assistance.
- Communicate regularly with customer and internal resources on status of incident as per accepted guidelines.
- Ultimately responsible for resolution of all incidents opened by the customer.
- Assist customers with operational issues on the software.
- Coordinate customer deployments with internal project teams.
- Provide after-hours support for P1 situations.
- Occasionally travel to client sites as a project resource, performing software deployments and on-site support.
- Able to participate in the on-call rotation in 24×7 support environment.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- 2+ years of experience in a software development environment in roles such as technical support, business analysis, help desk, project management team, client on-site, or other customer-facing technical roles.
- Windows Server Knowledge: Windows Server OS, IIS, Windows Services, General Administration and troubleshooting – Active Directory, DNS, Event Logs.
- Intermediate level of knowledge of SQL: understanding of Security, Stored Procedures, SQL Profiling and strong knowledge of the Query language.
- Knowledge of Cloud Platforms such as Azure and AWS, experience of setting up servers within cloud platforms is beneficial
- Strong problem-solving skills. Must be able to debug and troubleshoot product issues in a complex environment. Able to provide workarounds and/or propose solutions independently and/or by collaborating with internal teams.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal), and interpersonal skills to be able to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and external clients.
- Leadership experience is a plus.
- Nice to have: MongoDB, working knowledge of UNIX (Solaris and/or Linux) and Node.js server, working knowledge of Docker.
For us, it’s all about our people. Our team is what makes us great and it’s who we are most proud of. When you walk into any Sigma office around the world, you’ll immediately feel a part of something special.
- A comprehensive benefit plan
- Fruit every Tuesday & Thursday
- External Corporate Discount Program
- Professional Development Program
- Employee Recognition Program
- A flexible work environment and collaborative work space
- Private medical health insurance
- Income protection
- Life assurance
- Holiday entitlement of 25 days in a complete year plus statutory Bank Holidays
- Profit sharing program
- Pension contributions
- Great social events
At Sigma, our employees’ wellbeing and development is a core principle. We are an equal opportunity employer and believe in diversity and inclusion. We believe that when our employees live a well-balanced life, we become stronger as a team. If this sounds like a team you want to be a part of, don’t hesitate to apply. We would love to hear from you.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sigma welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.