Technical Support Analyst - Catalog / CPQ
TECHNICAL SUPPORT ANALYST SUMMARY
Sigma is a leading provider of digital infrastructure software and services for cable and telecommunications networks. Sigma’s open-platform software for Digital Services Automation lets network operators efficiently manage video, voice, and data on high-capacity digital networks. Sigma supports a wide variety of services, including enhanced TV, on-demand video, service management, and voice and high-speed data communications.
Reporting to the Manager of Technical Support, the Technical Support Analyst is responsible for the acceptance, triage and resolution of customer reported incidents. They will perform preliminary investigation and resolve incidents, update tickets with status and work with other sections of the business on delivering workarounds and patches as applicable.
Where assigned, they will work on customer projects for UAT and delivery of new software.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support clients by having an intimate knowledge of a client’s implementation and critical business processes
- Investigate new incidents as reported by customers, ensure the issue is properly understood and documented. Gather necessary evidence for triage and incident resolution.
- Escalate P1 and urgent issues as needed to the appropriate teams and management.
- Resolve incident per Sigma triage and resolution processes or escalate for additional assistance.
- Communicate regularly with customer and internal resources on status of incident as per accepted guidelines
- Ultimately responsible for resolution of all incidents opened by the customer
- Assist customers with operational issues on the software.
- Coordinate customer deployments with internal project teams.
- Provide after-hours support for P1 situations.
- Occasionally travel to client sites as a project resource, performing software deployments and on-site support
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Experience in a software development environment or in roles such as technical support, business analysis, help desk, project management team, client on-site, or other customer-facing technical roles
- Windows Server Knowledge: Windows Server OS, IIS, Windows Services, General Administration and troubleshooting – Active Directory, DNS, Event Logs
- Intermediate level of knowledge of SQL: understanding of Security, Stored Procedures, SQL Profiling and strong knowledge of the Query language.
- Knowledge of Cloud Platforms such as Azure and AWS, experience of setting up servers within cloud platforms is beneficial.
- Strong problem-solving skills. Must be able to debug and troubleshoot product issues in a complex environment. Able to provide workarounds and/or propose solutions independently and/or by collaborating with internal teams.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal), and interpersonal skills to be able to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and external clients
- Able to participate in the on-call rotation in 24×7 support environment.
- Nice to have: MongoDB, working knowledge of UNIX (Solaris and/or Linux) and Node.js server.