Germany, Denmark or Lisbon
Sigma Systems, a Hansen Technologies company, is the global leader in catalog-driven software solutions for communications, media and high-tech companies. We proudly support a wide variety of services, including enhanced TV, on-demand video, service management, voice and high-speed data communications with our award-winning products.
We are looking for a Solutions Architect to join our awesome team and help deliver a major transformation project to a key customer in Germany. As a Solutions Architect you will provide technical leadership for all aspects of design, delivery & production support for Sigma Products. You will identify, communicate, and lead resolution of issues that impact the delivery or ongoing health of a customer’s solution. Also, collaborate across internal organizations to improve customer delivery methodology and react proactively to industry trends and opportunities. Travel is required for this role as it is frequently at the customer location. Travel is mostly during the week, but on occasion may require a multi-week stay or ideally based locally in Northern Germany.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR DAY
- Takes responsibility for design and delivery accuracy, stability, & performance of Sigma’s Solutions
- Actively develops and manages relationships across multiple organizational tiers and disciplines with strategic customers
- Lead and participate in design, triage, and/or testing sessions with program stakeholders (e.g. customer, Sigma, 3rd parties)
- Produces, reviews, finalizes, and approves technical documents to ensure delivery accuracy and success
- Works with customer and delivery team to drive resolution of issues arising from changes to scope, requirements, design, etc.
- Provides knowledge and thought leadership across multiple domains, including:
- Understanding the technologies involved in a delivery, how they relate to Sigma’s Solutions, and addressing issues before they impact a program
- Transferring this domain and product knowledge both internally and externally
- Representing Sigma’s perspective & interests to industry groups and standards bodies as required
- Works with Product Management, Marketing and Sales to:
- Provide the point of contact with third party vendors where interfaces need to be built to these systems
- Work closely with Product Architects to align Product capabilities to Solution requirements
- Assist in the preparation of RFI/RFP responses
- Outline the Proposed solution
- Prepare sizing and estimation
- Perform technical and functional presentations to prospective customers
- Keep up to date with Industry trends
- Works with Professional Services and the Solution organization to:
- Provide industry and domain consulting services to customers
- Review, update, and approve implementation design documents
- Establish & maintain knowledge transfer, training, and adaptation of functionality in customer implementations
- Works with Documentation to ensure accurate representation of design and capability within technical publications
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- Extensive experience in a high growth, telecommunications, cable, and/or high tech software environment
- Experience of OSS solutions specializing in Order Management and/or Provisioning.
- Understanding of OSS needs of clients for Cable, Wireless and Telco operators,
- Experience of integrating with products from major vendors like Amdocs, Lucent Alcatel, Huawei, Ericssons, Netcracker etc
- Proven experience working with external clients in a technical consulting role, driving requirements and workshops using a Use Case oriented approach
- Experience working with agile methods of project delivery, either in an agile environment or as part of an agile team
- Able to work with UML, BPMN2 and other design languages
- Familiarity with general TM Forum Frameworx concepts
- Possess a strong working knowledge of a number of technology standards including:
- XSD, XML, XSLT, XPATH
- Microsoft framework
- Web Services
- RDBMS (e.g. Oracle, Postgres)
- Good working knowledge of integration and EAI
- Working knowledge of integration techniques and impact of data model design on integration and performance
- Ability to lead requirements and design workshops
- Ability to operate in fast moving team environment delivering to tight schedules in a demanding technical environment
- Ability to understand customer business requirements and relate them to Sigma technologies
- Experience with and knowledge of:
- Complex Communications, Media & High Tech deployment and operating environments
- Strong experience of data modeling and data mapping between applications
- Pro-active self-starter who can take the initiative and operate independently, and is flexible in their approach and able to tolerate change and ambiguity
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence external clients to achieve successful results and communicate technical ideas
- Outstanding problem-solving skills and willing to get involved in the detail and be hands-on (be it in design or in technical configuration activities)
- Proven ability to achieve challenging goals and objectives or deadlines
- Willingness to travel (>60%)
- Fluency in German preferable
ABOUT THE HANSEN GROUP
In June 2019, Sigma Systems was acquired by Hansen Technologies, the leading global provider of billing software, customer care, data management and catalog-driven technologies for Pay-TV operators, telecommunications providers, energy and utilities companies. Founded in 1971, Hansen Technologies (ASX: HSN) now employs over 1,500 people with offices around the world, including Australia, the United States, Canada, New Zealand, Denmark, Germany, Argentina, Brazil, China, India, Vietnam and the United Kingdom, servicing 600 customers in over 80 countries across the globe. To find out more about Hansen go to www.hansencx.com
For Sigma Systems employees, this acquisition represents a great opportunity for growth. With a larger organization comes the potential for new responsibilities, more choices and career advancement.
WHY WORK FOR US?
When you join Sigma Systems, you are part of a global award-winning company that cares about its employees – and is recognized as such. We have been certified as a Great Place to Work® by Great Place to Work® Institute Canada, and have also received the Gold Standard from Deloitte, in the category of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. We are also proud to be recognized as one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers by The Globe and Mail. Sigma Systems has also been named among the 30 Best Companies to Work For in Wales, in recognition of our achievements in workplace health and well-being.
For us, it’s all about our people. Our team is what makes us great and it’s who we are most proud of. When you walk into any Sigma office around the world, you’ll immediately feel a part of something special. We offer:
- A comprehensive benefits plan
- Professional Development Program
- Employee Recognition Program
- A flexible work environment and collaborative work space
At Sigma, our employees’ well-being and development is a core principle. We are an equal opportunity employer and believe in diversity and inclusion. We believe that when our employees live a well-balanced life, we become stronger as a team. If this sounds like a team you want to be a part of, don’t hesitate to apply. We would love to hear from you.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your CV to email@example.com.