DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible and accountable for conceptual and functional design of Sigma’s OSS solutions for customer implementation. These solutions cross a range of broadband services including: Voice, High Speed Data, Wireless, Video services and business services.
- Lead requirements, architecture and design sessions with customers and with internal resources.
- Create and coordinate specifications through use cases, interface specifications, and functional requirements document
- Drive the technical resolution of issues arising from changes to scope, requirements, design, etc.
- Review the technical architecture documents to ensure all required functionality is implemented
- Work with Quality Assurance to transfer knowledge, develop the test strategy and validate the test plan
- Work with Documentation to ensure accurate representation of design and capability within technical publications
- Provide knowledge and thought leadership in the domain, including:
- Understanding the technologies involved in the delivery of broadband services such as VOIP, and how they relate to Sigma’s products.
- Transferring this domain and product knowledge both internally and externally, via white papers or speaking engagements
- Providing company’s representation to industry groups and standards bodies such as TMForum, TOGAF, CableLabs, OpenIPTV, 3GPP and others
- Work with Product Management, Marketing and Sales to:
- Understand industry trends
- Provide the point of contact with third party vendors (e.g. billing system vendors, call management server vendors) where interfaces need to be built to these systems
- Assist in the preparation of RFI/RFP responses
- Perform technical and functional presentations to prospective customers
- Work with Engineering organizations to:
- Establish effective knowledge transfer, training and adoption of suite functionality in customer implementations
- Provide Technology Bridge between professional services with Solutions and Platform Engineering.
- Provide industry and domain consulting services to customers in the area of Video, HSD, Voice and Voice over IP service management
- Provide input on features and functionality of Core platform releases, in conjunction with Product Management
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 8+ years of progressive work experience, with a minimum of 3-5 years spent in solutions architecture
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience with software solutions in the telecommunications sector, preferably in service management and provisioning domain
- Proven experience working with external clients in a consulting role, driving requirements capture and documentation using a Use Case oriented approach. Must have experience with Use case driven development and use case modeling.
- Familiarity with modern development languages and environments including J2EE, Java, Oracle, UNIX.
- Able to work with UML modeling language
- Pro-active, able to take initiative and operate independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence internal resources and external clients to achieve successful results, collaborative
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written and listening)
- Proven ability to achieve challenging goals and objectives
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks to make effective use of time
- Able to travel internationally up to 50% of the time.
Sigma Systems is the fastest path to creating, selling and delivering digital products and services. The company’s portfolio spans enterprise-wide product & service catalog, configure price quote, order management, service provisioning and device management – all of which can be deployed in the cloud or on-premise. Sigma software is enabling product innovation and business agility at large communications, media and high-tech service providers globally.
We offer a fast-paced, success-oriented work environment fueled by the talent, skills and expertise of our employees. We offer competitive salaries, performance-based incentives, a world of career opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package.
Our corporate values of innovation, dedication and agility allow us to exceed expectations while saluting success along the way.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, apply today to join our team and help us do things The Sigma Way!