WHO ARE WE?
Sigma Systems is the global leader in catalog-driven software solutions for communications, media and high-tech companies. With offices in North and South America, Europe and the Asia Pacific region, we serve over 80 customers in 40 countries with our award-winning products. Sigma supports a wide variety of services, including enhanced TV, on-demand video, service management, and voice and high-speed data communications.
When you join Sigma, you are a part of an award-winning company that truly cares about its employees. We have been named one of Canada’s top 25 software companies by the Branham Group. We are also proud to be recognized as one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers by The Globe and Mail, and have also received the Gold Standard in the category of Canada’s Best Managed Companies from Deloitte. Sigma Systems have been awarded the Best Companies 2019 1-star accreditation in the UK and have been recognized as being among 30 best companies to work for in Wales. It recognizes that Sigma creates an engaging and exciting workplace. Sigma have also won the bronze Small Workplace Health Award by the Welsh Government, in recognition of our achievements in workplace health and well-being Sigma have also won the Leading Lights Awards 2018 which recognizes the industry’s top companies for their outstanding achievements in in next-generation communications technology, applications, services, strategies, and innovation.
Sigma Systems is seeking a Project Manager to join our Customer Success delivery team based in Hong Kong. If you are someone who prides themselves in being innovative, dedicated, agile, driven to exceed expectations and a champion of celebrating success, we want to hear from you!
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR DAY
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously; is responsible for performance, cost, scope, schedule, quality, and appropriate business measurements of these projects.
- Work with the client to identify business requirements, develop the proposal and translate customer requirements into formal agreements and plans to culminate in customer acceptance of results
- Creation of the project Statement of Work (SOW) and corresponding budget.
- Responsible for organizing and leading cross functional teams in developing and implementing project deliverables; ensure that all project work packages and tasks are properly and realistically estimated, documented, scheduled and tracked.
- Managing a matrix-based project team spread across multiple locations and time zones
- Convey to all team members a full understanding of the customer requirements of the project; work with project team members, internal Sigma-Systems Group customers and external customers to identify and resolve issues in a timely and professional manner
- Preparing project profit and loss statements, tracking schedule and cost variance.
- Prepare and present feasibility studies, performance and transaction/system analysis, alternative analyses and cost estimates for proposed projects
- Understand the technology and how it can answer customers’ needs and identify appropriate solutions
- Evaluate projects, via post-mortem process, and teamwork performance in respect to performance management and career development; document results
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- Minimum 10 years’ experience managing and delivering complex IT-based projects, within a communication service provider environment
- Product BSS and OSS domain knowledge (product catalog, configure price quote, order management, provisioning, inventory, billing)
- Experience with software delivery using Agile methodology and VersionOne Agile tool preferred
- Relevant university degree or equivalent
- Hands on experience working with enterprise software
- Excellent project documentation skills and project accounting
- Experience working with off-shore delivery teams
- Experience working within a vendor/service-provider in a customer-facing project management role. Responds quickly and proactively to customer needs.
- Experience managing projects that include professional services with billable hours and fully utilized resources
- Experience managing project budgets and resource allocations within a matrix environment
- Driven to execute effectively, overcome obstacles, and see commitments through to completion, always raising the bar on quality. High degree of professionalism and accountability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to effectively address internal/external stakeholders up to the executive level. Strong relationship builder.
- Exceptional team leadership skills and demonstrated ability to develop and coach technical team members in multiple locations.
- Willing to continually search out and implement best practices as they relate to project management.
- Willingness to work long hours and against very tough timelines and goals
- Based in Hong Kong
For us, it’s all about our people. Our team is what makes us great and it’s who we are most proud of. When you walk into any Sigma office around the world, you’ll immediately feel a part of something special.
- A comprehensive benefit plan
- Professional Development Program
- Employee Recognition Program
- A flexible work environment
- Profit share program
At Sigma, our employees’ wellbeing and development is a core principle. We are an equal opportunity employer and believe in diversity and inclusion. We believe that when our employees live a well-balanced life, we become stronger as a team. If this sounds like a team you want to be a part of, don’t hesitate to apply. We would love to hear from you.
Sigma welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.