Sigma Systems, a Hansen Technologies company, is the global leader in catalog-driven software solutions for communications, media and high-tech companies. We proudly support a wide variety of services, including enhanced TV, on-demand video, service management, voice and high-speed data communications with our award winning products.
We are seeking a Product Manager in London who is able to take overall ownership of our Sigma Configure Price Quote (CPQ) product, effectively planning and maintaining the product life cycle from concept through to delivery. You must be able to ensure the product strategy and vision are being maintained and that the roadmap delivers value to both customers and the Sigma business. If you are someone who prides themselves in being innovative, dedicated, agile, driven to exceed expectations and a champion of celebrating success, we want to hear from you!
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR DAY
Strategy / Analysis
- Work with the VP of Product Management to help define the product strategy and vision
- Work with the Product Marketing team to define and execute the product marketing strategy
- Attend, participate and present at customer / industry / user conferences (e.g., TM Forum)
- Participate in industry groups and conferences to drive the company view of the market, working on detailed focus groups, action teams, committees
- Produce product collateral, blogs, white papers, webinars and meet with analysts
- Conduct market research and produce competitor analyses
Sales / Customer Support
- Communicate product roadmaps internally and externally, where appropriate
- Work with Sigma Sales to support proposal creation (RFX, SOWs, Customer Solutions)
- Discuss and analyze customer requirements, attending customer meetings and owning the management of requirements back into the roadmap
Product Roadmap & Requirements
- Plan and prioritize strategic product capabilities
- Scope features and requirements into appropriate product releases, while cognizant of customer and company demands / timeframes
- Maintain the longer term high level roadmap (12-36 months)
- Implement & manage Risk, Issues, Change Logs, escalating to the VP of Product Management any deviation to scope, time or budget as appropriate
- Actively manage the lifecycle of the product to ensure the roadmap and releases are being delivered on time, to budget and to an agreed quality standard
- Manage the product program:
- Create & maintain release project plans, working with the Product Owner to understand the sprint schedules
- Track & report overall status
- Communicate product roadmap and release schedules to the VP of Product Management and Sigma Product Steering Committee
- Responsible for the overall packing of the product, including
- Release Communications
- Licensing / version management
Products / Engineering Support
- Participate in and drive design sessions with strategic customers
- Facilitate effective knowledge transfer, training and adoption of product capabilities by Sigma delivery and sales teams
- Evangelize and inspire colleagues and users of the product to ensure successful adoption
- Line manage product related resources including, Product Owner(s), Business Analyst(s) and Technical Author(s)
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- 10+ years’ experience, including 3+ years focusing on product development within the Communications, Media and High Tech industries
- Detailed knowledge of BSS/OSS solutions with focus on the following:
- Configure Price Quote (CPQ) and Order Capture
- MS Dynamics (Sales, Service, Commerce)
- Salesforce (Sales Cloud, Service Cloud)
- Desirable knowledge and experience within the following:
- Enterprise Product Catalog
- Order Management & Provisioning
- Experience using different software delivery models including Agile, Scrum, iterative, and others
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to achieve challenging goals and objectives
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Strong communication skills – verbal, written and listening
- Proven collaborator, leader and diplomat
- Fair and objective in decision making
- Fluent English
- Desirable knowledge of the TM Forum and related Frameworx (eTom, SID, TAM, Open Digital)
- University degree
ABOUT THE HANSEN GROUP
In June 2019, Sigma Systems was acquired by Hansen Technologies, the leading global provider of billing software, customer care, data management and catalog-driven technologies for Pay-TV operators, telecommunications providers, energy and utilities companies. Founded in 1971, Hansen Technologies (ASX: HSN) now employs over 1,500 people with offices around the world, including Australia, the United States, Canada, New Zealand, Denmark, Germany, Argentina, Brazil, China, India, Vietnam and the United Kingdom, servicing 600 customers in over 80 countries across the globe. To find out more about Hansen go to www.hansencx.com
For Sigma Systems employees, this acquisition represents a great opportunity for growth. With a larger organization comes the potential for new responsibilities, more choices and career advancement.
WHY WORK FOR US?
When you join Sigma Systems, you are part of a global award-winning company that cares about its employees – and is recognized as such. We have been certified as a Great Place to Work® by Great Place to Work® Institute Canada, and have also received the Gold Standard from Deloitte, in the category of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. We are also proud to be recognized as one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers by The Globe and Mail. Sigma Systems has also been named among the 30 Best Companies to Work For in Wales, in recognition of our achievements in workplace health and well-being.
For us, it’s all about our people. Our team is what makes us great and it’s who we are most proud of. When you walk into any Sigma office around the world, you’ll immediately feel a part of something special.
- A comprehensive benefit plan
- Professional Development Program
- Employee Recognition Program
- A flexible work environment and collaborative work space
At Sigma, our employees’ wellbeing and development is a core principle. We are an equal opportunity employer and believe in diversity and inclusion. We believe that when our employees live a well-balanced life, we become stronger as a team. If this sounds like a team you want to be a part of, don’t hesitate to apply. We would love to hear from you.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your CV to email@example.com.
Sigma welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.