WHO ARE WE?
Sigma Systems is the global leader in catalog-driven software solutions for communications, media and high-tech companies. With offices in North and South America, Europe and the Asia Pacific region, we serve over 80 customers in 40 countries with our award-winning products. Sigma supports a wide variety of services, including enhanced TV, on-demand video, service management, and voice and high-speed data communications.
When you join Sigma, you are a part of an award-winning company that truly cares about its employees. We have been named one of Canada’s top 25 software companies by the Branham Group. We are also proud to be recognized as one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers by The Globe and Mail, and have also received the Gold Standard in the category of Canada’s Best Managed Companies from Deloitte. Sigma Systems have been awarded the Best Companies 2019 1-star accreditation in the UK and have been recognized as being among 30 best companies to work for in Wales. It recognizes that Sigma creates an engaging and exciting workplace. Sigma have also won the bronze Small Workplace Health Award by the Welsh Government, in recognition of our achievements in workplace health and well-being Sigma have also won the Leading Lights Awards 2018 which recognizes the industry’s top companies for their outstanding achievements in in next-generation communications technology, applications, services, strategies, and innovation.
You will be responsible for working directly with a leading EMEA based customer, part of a multi-million-pound digital transformation program. You will support the region as the need arises including partners and system integrators who will be looking to you for guidance, best practice and thought leadership on the implementation, configuration and use of our software. You will leverage your experiences in a wide range of technologies to drive activities across a variety of competencies: Telco consulting & domain expertise, solution architecture, product modeling and process modeling.
Depending on your background and expertise, you may tend to focus either more on the business aspects or more on the architectural aspects of the implementation. We are looking for someone who can specialize in one area or the other, but who can competently execute both functions and have come from a reputable vendor with telco consulting and BSS/OSS Catalog and CPQ expertise.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR DAY
If you have a business area of expertise, duties and responsibilities include:
- Conduct product modeling workshops
- Design and develop rationalized product models
- Configure the Sigma software solution
- Execute Configuration Management
- Define Product Data Migration
- Provide subject matter expertise on the operationalization of Sigma software solutions in the organization
- Design, develop and deploy process and organizational models orientated around the rollout and use of our software solutions
- Design and produce functional specifications for all areas of implementation work
- Develop training materials for the Training competency and deliver training courses where applicable
- Product implementation consultancy on Business and Product Architecture
- Regularly contribute new product roadmap ideas
If you have a technical area of expertise, duties and responsibilities include:
- Solution / Technical Architecture
- Design and document all configuration, customization and integration designs
- Guide the client or systems integrator through test phases with experience of agile testing principles
- Contribute to internal asset development through regularly contributing to the standard Delivery Methodology and implementation tools
- Support and direct the integration of Sigma software with 3rd party systems through various possible mechanisms (e.g. P2P, web services, EAI/ESB/middleware)
- Define Integration, migration, and deployment architectures
Regardless of area of expertise, the ideal candidate will be comfortable with the following duties and responsibilities:
- Pre-sales support
- Work in a customer-facing, time-driven (agile) project delivery environment potentially, sometimes with / through a 3rd party systems integrator
- Manage tasks and work load and report/communicate issues and status
- Actively raise, track and resolve project issues and risks
- Provide product expertise and best practice to customers and partners
- Provide support to junior staff
- Ensure that decisions taken comply with Sigma methodology, strategic architecture and direction
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- Experience of BSS/OSS solutions specializing in Catalog, Configure Price Quote, Order Management and Provisioning.
- Understanding of BSS/OSS needs of clients for Telco, Cable & Wireless operators,
- Experience of integrating with products from major vendors like Amdocs, Cloudsense, Lucent Alcatel, Huawei, Netcracker and Ericsson, etc.
- Significant experience with software solutions in the telecommunications, cable, and/or high-tech sector
- Proven experience working with external clients in a technical consulting role, driving requirements and workshops using a use case-oriented approach
- Experience working with agile methods of project delivery, either in an agile environment or as part of an agile team
- Able to work with UML and other design languages
- Familiarity with general TM Forum Framworx concepts
- Understand the typical retail product lifecycle management process
- Possess a strong working knowledge of a number of technology standards including:
- CSP BSS & OSS systems
- Technology standards:
XSD, XML, XSLT, XPATH
- RDBMS (e.g., MS-SQL Server, Oracle)
- Good working knowledge of integration and EAI
- Working knowledge of integration techniques and impact of data model design on integration and performance
- Ability to lead requirements and design workshops
- Ability to operate in fast moving team environment delivering to tight schedules in a demanding technical environment
- Ability to understand customer business requirements and relate them to Sigma technologies
- Experience with and knowledge of:
- Complex Communications, Media & High-Tech deployment and operating environments
- Configuration Management principles
- CM&HT IT software / hardware topologies
- Strong experience of data modeling and data mapping between applications
- Pro-active self-starter who can take the initiative and operate independently, and is flexible in their approach and able to tolerate change and ambiguity
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence external clients to achieve successful results and communicate technical ideas
- Outstanding problem-solving skills and willing to get involved in the detail and be hands-on (be it in design or in technical configuration activities)
- Proven ability to achieve challenging goals and objectives or deadlines
- Willingness to travel (could be up to 75% of the time)
- Desirable to have some knowledge experience of Sigma products.
For us, it’s all about our people. Our team is what makes us great and it’s who we are most proud of. When you walk into any Sigma office around the world, you’ll immediately feel a part of something special.
- A comprehensive benefit plan
- Professional Development Program
- Employee Recognition Program
- A flexible work environment
- Private Medical Health Insurance
- Great Social Events
At Sigma, our employees’ wellbeing and development is a core principle. We are an equal opportunity employer and believe in diversity and inclusion. We believe that when our employees live a well-balanced life, we become stronger as a team. If this sounds like a team you want to be a part of, don’t hesitate to apply. We would love to hear from you.
Sigma welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.