Pre-Sales Architecture Consultant
WHO ARE WE?
Sigma Systems is the global leader in catalog-driven software solutions for communications, media and high-tech companies. With offices in North and South America, Europe and the Asia Pacific region, we serve over 80 customers in 40 countries with our award-winning products. Sigma supports a wide variety of services, including enhanced TV, on-demand video, service management, and voice and high-speed data communications.
When you join Sigma Systems, you are a part of an award-winning company that truly cares about its employees. We have been named one of Canada’s top 25 software companies by the Branham Group. We are also proud to be recognized as one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers by The Globe and Mail, and have also received the Gold Standard in the category of Canada’s Best Managed Companies from Deloitte.
The Pre-Sales Architecture Consultant is a strategic role within the Pre-Sales team working to grow and develop Sigma Customer relationships. The Pre-Sales Architecture Consultant will work with their assigned Customer architectural and business leadership teams to map out an architectural roadmap and vision to support their business needs over the coming years, with a primary (but not exclusive) focus on Sigma products, that maximize operational benefits for the client. The Pre-Sales Architecture Consultant may also provide tactical support of inflight projects, and the long term deployment and positioning of Sigma products, professional services and managed services within the assigned customers.
The Pre-Sales Architecture Consultant is intended to be an advocate of the Customer within Sigma and of Sigma within the customer, working within the customer to position Sigma products and services and within. They will work to establish positive perceptions of Sigma products and services with assigned customers and other vendors working in the same space.
The Pre-Sales Architecture Consultant is expected to assist Sigma Sales and Professional Services to firmly establish Sigma products and services within existing deployments, and to be an influential advocate for the expansion of the further deployment of Sigma products and services.
If you are someone who prides themselves in being innovative, dedicated, agile, driven to exceed expectations and a champion of celebrating success, we want to hear from you!
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR DAY
- Typically assigned to cover, on-site and remote, a number of the North America Sales teams medium to large sized prospects
- Maps high-level business problems to our Sigma’s technology solutions independently
- Cultivates relationships with prospects technical staff and their management, including the C-Suite
- Perform needs analysis, information gathering on prospects expectations and technical baselines for writing or technical review of Solution Proposals or Statements of Work
- Assist in the preparation of RFI/RFP responses
- Assists in defining the technical sales strategy for their prospects
- Perform technical and functional presentations and demonstrations to prospects
- Effectively communicate solutions architecture to the prospect, third parties and the project teams by creating and delivering presentations and/or training
- Ensure that proposals are technically sound, deliverable, competitive and representative of market leadership in the application of technology to addressing business issues
- Ensures effective prospect engagement and stakeholder management during assignment
- Perform consultation, implementation, documentation and knowledge transfer to Sigma Professional Services for billable engagements
- Stay up to date on emerging technologies, products, and industry trends, including attaining certifications and participation in industry events as appropriate including white papers and speaking engagements
- Provide Technology Bridge between Pre-Sales and Professional Services/Product Engineering
- Bring new ideas and methodologies to improve the Pre-Sales organization
- Responsible and accountable for conceptual and functional design of Sigma’s solutions for customer implementation during pre-sales stage
- Lead requirements, architecture, design, and workshop sessions with prospects and with internal resources
- Create and coordinate specifications through use cases, interface specifications, and functional requirements document
- Identify new opportunities in participating prospects
- Provide input on features and functionality, in conjunction with Product Management
- Architectural definition to meet current and committed projects
- Architectural roadmap to meet future and candidate projects aligned with the customer project/program roadmap
- Architectural vision to meet industry trends, technologies, concepts that will be of value/interest to Sigma customers
- 5+ years in application and system, and deployment architecture roles
- 3+ years’ sales engineering or pre-sales experience, with a strong ability to drive and communicate the technical sales process
Broad and deep level of technical expertise
- Cloud systems – Microsoft Azure and AWS
- Operating systems – Microsoft and Red Hat Linux
- Application servers – IIS
- Databases – Oracle, MS-SQL Server
- Proven system integration, data modeling, data mapping, and data migration experience
- Experience with both waterfall and agile development methodologies
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
Industry and product expertise
- 7+ years working in the Cable and/or Telecommunication industries
- 5+ years of work experience in the Billing, CRM, ESB, Enterprise Product Catalog, Order Management and/or Configure Price Quote applications.
- 5+ years of experience with residential and commercial voice, broadband, wireless, and video services.
- 5+ years of work experience in solutions consulting
- Experience in cloud applications for 5G, IoT, Enterprise, Smart City/Health/Car, and/or SDN/NFV
- Experience in process modeling preferred
- Exposure to industry organizations and standards (e.g. TMF eTOM, TAM, and SID, CableLabs, etc…)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven experience working with customers in a consulting role, driving requirements capture and documentation using a Use Case oriented approach. Must have experience with use case driven development and use case modeling
- Flexible, dynamic, creative, and a quick learner
- Proactive, able to take initiative and operate independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence internal resources and customers to achieve successful results, collaborative
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
- Excellent English written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; effective presentation skills
- Proven ability to achieve challenging goals and objectives
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks to make effective use of time
- Able to develop strong cross-cultural business relationships; team player
- Able to travel 50% of the time both domestic and internationally
- BA/BS in computer science, engineering or equivalent. Advanced degree a plus.
For us, it’s all about our people. Our team is what makes us great and it’s who we are most proud of. When you walk into any Sigma office around the world, you’ll immediately feel a part of something special.
- A comprehensive benefit plan
- Professional Development Program
- Employee Recognition Program
- A flexible work environment
At Sigma, our employees’ wellbeing and development is a core principle. We are an equal opportunity employer and believe in diversity and inclusion. We believe that when our employees live a well-balanced life, we become stronger as a team. If this sounds like a team you want to be a part of, don’t hesitate to apply. We would love to hear from you.