PC LAN Support Administrator
Sigma Systems, a Hansen Technologies company, is the global leader in catalog-driven software solutions for communications, media and high-tech companies. We proudly support a wide variety of services, including enhanced TV, on-demand video, service management, voice and high-speed data communications with our award-winning products.
We are looking for a PC LAN Support Administrator in Wales. This position is responsible for providing 1st and 2nd level PC and LAN support.
As the PC/LAN Support Administrator, this person will deploy and maintain desktop/laptop computers and printers, assist in the installation of software applications, and troubleshoot and resolve all hardware/software issues that disrupt business operations.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR DAY
- Resolve one-on-one end-user support and problem resolution via telephone, e-mail, IT ticketing system and in person
- IT related Purchase Order requisition administration
- User accounts administration for both Microsoft Windows and UNIX
- Administer individual mailboxes and data backup
- Support and monitor cloud hosted environments at Amazon and Azure
- Participate in moves, adds, or changes to network and systems access for users
- Create and update all standard systems’ images
- Diagnose and resolve minor network issues, cabling, switches, and patch panels.
- Setup, activate and replace Smart Phones as needed
- Participate enthusiastically in a high-powered global IT support team.
- Participate in IT project rollouts worldwide.
- Keeps track of SW licenses
- PC support, maintenance, upgrades and rollouts.
- Provides PC and LAN support as needed at tier I and II support levels while maintaining the highest SLA and customer satisfaction possible.
- Recognize and escalate deeper and more complex issues.
- Regular communicate with peers worldwide.
- Timely Helpdesk incident and change management.
- Reinforce enterprise information security policies and procedures in compliance with ISO 27001.
- Participate in a 24/7 support rotation which performs night and weekend on-call support
- Provide excellent communication, feedback and regular updates to Sigma’s user community.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with Microsoft technologies providing first and second level support
- MS Windows Certifications is a definite asset: MS Win Server 12/16, Win10, MS Office 201x and MS Office 365.
- Knowledge of ISMS, ISO27001 and other IS security principles is a definite asset.
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on HW/SW support experience in a LAN environment
- Experience as a LAN Administrator in a large Microsoft environment, TCP/IP, DHCP, and DNS configuration, setup and troubleshooting
- Linux administration knowledge is a definite asset
- Hands-on knowledge of Amazon cloud services, AWS
- Hands-on HP Hardware experience, server and personal computing equipment.
- Advanced knowledge of incident reporting and help desk management software.
- Excellent analytical/troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Flexible work hours, 24/7 support rotation (nights and weekends)
- IT Related university degree and IT support certifications
ABOUT THE HANSEN GROUP
In June 2019, Sigma Systems was acquired by Hansen Technologies, the leading global provider of billing software, customer care, data management and catalog-driven technologies for Pay-TV operators, telecommunications providers, energy and utilities companies. Founded in 1971, Hansen Technologies (ASX: HSN) now employs over 1,500 people with offices around the world, including Australia, the United States, Canada, New Zealand, Denmark, Germany, Argentina, Brazil, China, India, Vietnam and the United Kingdom, servicing 600 customers in over 80 countries across the globe. To find out more about Hansen go to www.hansencx.com
For Sigma Systems employees, this acquisition represents a great opportunity for growth. With a larger organization comes the potential for new responsibilities, more choices and career advancement.
WHY WORK FOR US?
When you join Sigma Systems, you are part of a global award-winning company that cares about its employees – and is recognized as such. We have been certified as a Great Place to Work® by Great Place to Work® Institute Canada, and have also received the Gold Standard from Deloitte, in the category of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. We are also proud to be recognized as one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers by The Globe and Mail. Sigma Systems has also been named among the 30 Best Companies to Work For in Wales, in recognition of our achievements in workplace health and well-being.
For us, it’s all about our people. Our team is what makes us great and it’s who we are most proud of. When you walk into any Sigma office around the world, you’ll immediately feel a part of something special. We offer:
- A comprehensive benefit plan
- Fruit every Tuesday & Thursday
- External Corporate Discount Program
- Professional Development Program
- Employee Recognition Program
- A flexible work environment and collaborative work space
- Private medical health insurance
- Income protection
- Life assurance
- Holiday entitlement of 25 days in a complete year plus statutory Bank Holidays
- Pension contributions
- Great social events
At Sigma, our employees’ well-being and development is a core principle. We are an equal opportunity employer and believe in diversity and inclusion. We believe that when our employees live a well-balanced life, we become stronger as a team. If this sounds like a team you want to be a part of, don’t hesitate to apply. We would love to hear from you.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please go to https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu03/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=HSNTECH&cws=37&rid=1301
Sigma welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.