Sigma Systems, a Hansen Technologies company, is the global leader in catalog-driven software solutions for communications, media and high-tech companies. We proudly support a wide variety of services, including enhanced TV, on-demand video, service management, voice and high-speed data communications with our award winning products.
We are looking to add a CPQ Developer to our team in Melbourne! You will participate in all aspects of our product development life cycle.As a web front-end developer at Sigma Systems you will participate in all aspects of our product development life cycle. You will be part of a project team that always strives to deliver high quality code that meets requirements and is on time.
You will have the awesome opportunity to work on building a platform from the ground up: involvement in deciding on technologies, participating in requirements gathering and implementation.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR DAY
- Work on professional services projects based globally
- Engage with Sigma teams including product management, presales, support and testing
- Engaged on customer projects to understand functional and business requirements
- Engineer quality, maintainable and testable code
- Implement unit tests and follow wherever possible a TDD approach.
- Ensure all assigned deliverables are completed on specification, quality and according to agreed timelines
- Participate in solution and architecture development and design
- Engage with program / project manager to produce project timeline
- Engage with program / project manager through development cycle to mitigate risks to quality and / or project schedule
- Provide feedback and status of development
- Perform code reviews
- Support peers to achieve project deliverables
- Maintain skill set and stay up to date on emerging technologies
- Follow Sigma Systems development and architectural and UI standards
- Inform program / project manager of progress and surface project related issues impacting specification, quality or schedule
- Participate with other engineering disciplines to ensure successful project delivery
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- 4+ years’ experience in software development
- Expertise in full stack web application development in:
- Java, Servlet/JSP
- Significant experience in building, testing, and deploying high quality, highly reliable, scalable web applications, APIs, and user-interfaces in a team environment
- Experience with and a passion for quality-oriented software development best practices including unit and functional testing, automation, continuous integration, and low-dependency architectures
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Design and Development
- Strong experience working on various project methodologies
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding problem-solving skills and willing to get involved in the detail and be hands-on (be it in design or in technical configuration activities)
- Proven ability to achieve challenging goals and objectives or deadlines
- Desirable to have some knowledge experience of CPQ and OM solutions.
- Willingness to travel (could be up to 75% of the time)
ABOUT THE HANSEN GROUP
In June 2019, Sigma Systems was acquired by Hansen Technologies, the leading global provider of billing software, customer care, data management and catalog-driven technologies for Pay-TV operators, telecommunications providers, energy and utilities companies. Founded in 1971, Hansen Technologies (ASX: HSN) now employs over 1,500 people with offices around the world, including Australia, the United States, Canada, New Zealand, Denmark, Germany, Argentina, Brazil, China, India, Vietnam and the United Kingdom, servicing 600 customers in over 80 countries across the globe. To find out more about Hansen go to www.hansencx.com
For Sigma Systems employees, this acquisition represents a great opportunity for growth. With a larger organization comes the potential for new responsibilities, more choices and career advancement.
When you join Sigma Systems, you are part of a global award-winning company that cares about its employees – and is recognized as such. We have been certified as a Great Place to Work® by Great Place to Work® Institute Canada, and have also received the Gold Standard from Deloitte, in the category of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. We are also proud to be recognized as one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers by The Globe and Mail. Sigma Systems has also been named among the 30 Best Companies to Work For in Wales, in recognition of our achievements in workplace health and well-being.
For us, it’s all about our people. Our team is what makes us great and it’s who we are most proud of. When you walk into any Sigma office around the world, you’ll immediately feel a part of something special.
- A comprehensive benefit plan
- Professional Development Program
- Employee Recognition Program
- A flexible work environment
- Profit share program
At Sigma, our employees’ well-being and development is a core principle. We are an equal opportunity employer and believe in diversity and inclusion. We believe that when our employees live a well-balanced life, we become stronger as a team. If this sounds like a team you want to be a part of, don’t hesitate to apply. We would love to hear from you.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sigma welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Salary: $70,000 – $100,000 AUD Inc. Superannuation