Catalog Modeller/Junior Software Architect
Sigma Systems, a Hansen Technologies company, is the global leader in catalog-driven software solutions for communications, media and high-tech companies. We proudly support a wide variety of services, including enhanced TV, on-demand video, service management, voice and high-speed data communications with our award-winning products.
We are looking for a Modeller to work with our awesome team. If you are someone who prides themselves in being innovative, dedicated, agile, driven to exceed expectations and a champion of celebrating success, we want to hear from you!
This position requires a hands-on technical professional who can utilize their business process expertise in the cable or telecommunications industry to build accurate customer requirements that will optimize the implementation of the product. The Modeller will establish the customer requirements, map requirements to the product and model configuration for identified gaps. The Modeller must consistently meet or exceed the stated goals and objectives set by the Manager and perform their duties personally or in conjunction with other team members.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR DAY
- Embedded in a customer’s premises working closely with customer teams
- Be responsible for the design and delivery of Catalog models needed for a Catalog driven architecture
- Understand existing Catalog models so that it’s possible to present a historical view of the product model as the product models grow
- Provide context needed when designing new modelling patterns and debugging productions issues quickly
- Uphold and review the business processes put in place to effectively maintain existing Catalogs that continuously evolve
- Effectively communicate the solution created in the Catalog to the development team that focus on the downstream systems
- Create light weight documentation to reflect modelled configuration.
- Provide Tier 3 customer support for catalog related issues
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- 2-5 years progressive experience as a business systems analyst or configuration specialist in an implementation service environment preferably in a high growth, software environment.
- 1-3 years of experience working with XML is required.
- Knowledge and experience in Data Modelling or Catalog Driven architectures
- Must be extremely customer focused and follow through on commitments with customers and fellow project resources.
- A proactive and tenacious approach to problem solving is essential. Must be able to take initiative and operate independently.
- Effective data collection and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to achieve challenging goals and objectives.
- Outstanding communication skills: verbal, written and listening.
- BA/BS in business, finance, computer science or the equivalent. Advanced degree a plus.
ABOUT THE HANSEN GROUP
In June 2019, Sigma Systems was acquired by Hansen Technologies, the leading global provider of billing software, customer care, data management and catalog-driven technologies for Pay-TV operators, telecommunications providers, energy and utilities companies. Founded in 1971, Hansen Technologies (ASX: HSN) now employs over 1,500 people with offices around the world, including Australia, the United States, Canada, New Zealand, Denmark, Germany, Argentina, Brazil, China, India, Vietnam and the United Kingdom, servicing 600 customers in over 80 countries across the globe. To find out more about Hansen go to www.hansencx.com
For Sigma Systems employees, this acquisition represents a great opportunity for growth. With a larger organization comes the potential for new responsibilities, more choices and career advancement.
WHY WORK FOR US?
When you join Sigma Systems, you are part of a global award-winning company that cares about its employees – and is recognized as such. We have been certified as a Great Place to Work® by Great Place to Work® Institute Canada, and have also received the Gold Standard from Deloitte, in the category of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. We are also proud to be recognized as one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers by The Globe and Mail. Sigma Systems has also been named among the 30 Best Companies to Work For in Wales, in recognition of our achievements in workplace health and well-being.
For us, it’s all about our people. Our team is what makes us great and it’s who we are most proud of. When you walk into any Sigma office around the world, you’ll immediately feel a part of something special. We offer:
- A comprehensive benefit plan
- External Corporate Discount Program
- Professional Development Program
- Employee Recognition Program
- A flexible work environment and collaborative work space
- Private medical health insurance
- Income protection
- Life assurance
- Holiday entitlement of 25 days in a complete year plus statutory Bank Holidays
- Pension contributions
- Great social events
At Sigma, our employees’ well-being and development is a core principle. We are an equal opportunity employer and believe in diversity and inclusion. We believe that when our employees live a well-balanced life, we become stronger as a team. If this sounds like a team you want to be a part of, don’t hesitate to apply. We would love to hear from you.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply via https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu03/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=HSNTECH&cws=37&rid=1306
Sigma welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.