Product Business Systems Analyst
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Business Analyst will play a key role within the Products team in shaping the development of new product features and the ongoing refinement of existing ones. The Business Analyst is responsible for developing detailed product requirements and, wherever appropriate, associated use cases:
- Responsible and accountable for conceptual and functional designs of Sigma’s software products
- Capturing / creating requirements through conducting interviews and workshops with key knowledge holders: customers; professional service; sales etc
- Developing, validating and maintaining Use Cases describing the captured requirements
- Writing and managing Product Requirement Definitions (PRDs) for each release of the product, in support of the product roadmap and product releases
- Ongoing liaison with Engineering to ensure that the meaning and testability of requirements are correctly transferred
- Participating in industry groups and conferences to drive the company view of the market, working on detailed focus groups, action teams, committees
- Participates in and drives design sessions with engineering and strategic customers.
- Drives the technical resolution of issues arising from changes to scope, requirements, design, etc.
- Works with Quality Assurance to transfer knowledge and develop the test strategy and validate the test plan
- Works with Documentation to ensure accurate representation of design and capability within technical publications
- Experience with different software delivery models including Agile, Scrum, iterative, and others.
Works with Sigma Product Management and Engineering organizations to:
- Provides detail on features and functionality of Core platform releases, in conjunction with Product Management
- Work directly with development and QA resources to translate Business requirements into clear technical problem statements
- Facilitate effective knowledge transfer, training and adoption of product capabilities by Sigma delivery and sales teams
Contribute to internal asset development:
- Regularly contribute to improving implementation tools and Delivery Methodology
- Assist in the development of product training materials
- Assist in the delivery of Sigma product training
- Regularly contribute new product roadmap idea.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Extensive progressive work experience with a significant proportion of that experience being spent as a business analyst or related role
- Significant experience of working within the telecommunications sector
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills to achieve successful results working closely with customer and internal resources
- Strong communication skills – verbal, written and listening
- Proven ability to achieve challenging goals and objectives
- Must be pro-active, able to take the initiative and operate independently
- Strong data modelling experience
- Ability to work with UML modeling language
- Experience with use case driven development and use case modeling
- Experience using different software delivery models including Agile, Scrum, iterative, and others
- Familiarity with modern development languages and environments
- Able to travel domestically and internationally
- Fluent English
- University degree
Sigma Systems is the fastest path to creating, selling and delivering digital products and services. The company’s portfolio spans enterprise-wide product & service catalog, configure price quote, order management, service provisioning and device management – all of which can be deployed in the cloud or on-premise. Sigma software is enabling product innovation and business agility at large communications, media and high-tech service providers globally.
We offer a fast-paced, success-oriented work environment fueled by the talent, skills and expertise of our employees. We offer competitive salaries, performance-based incentives, a world of career opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package.
Our corporate values of innovation, dedication and agility allow us to exceed expectations while saluting success along the way.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, apply today to join our team and help us do things The Sigma Way!