Job Title: Senior Java Developer
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Reports To: Director, Platform Engineering
The Senior Java Software Developer reports to the Director, Platform Engineering. Responsibilities include support, development, test execution and documentation for components of the platform.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in the specification of software requirement and design. Develop software according to design specifications.
- Conduct unit test/integration test to ensure software meets requirements.
- Create and update project documentation according to project standards.
- Work with test team to assist in the development of test plans which adequately exercise the software.
- Assist the test team in the development of the test cycle.
- Develop test tools as appropriate to assist in the testing of the software application.
- Correct any issues found during the testing of software.
- Attend and participate in project meetings. Submit status reports to Product/Program Manager or Team Lead.
- Inform Product/Program manager or Team Lead of schedule or project problems.
- Submit and perform peer code reviews.
- Participate in post project reviews.
- Participate in the development, review and adherence of project and department standards for quality, proficiency, and customer satisfaction.
- Participate in the development of training materials required for each of the products.
- Assume other responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 5 – 10 years’ experience in full life cycle application development.
- Demonstrable expertise in OO methodologies.
- Extensive development experience using Java and/or similar technologies.
- Previous experience in design/development of workflow type applications is highly desirable.
- Experience of developing and deploying in containerized (e.g. Docker) environments is significant plus.
- Bachelor in Computer Science or equivalent.