Job Title: Project Manager – Contract
Location: Denver, Colorado
Reports To: Senior Director, Customer Success
We are looking for a Project Manager to join our awesome team!
Manage multiple projects simultaneously; is responsible for performance, cost, scope, schedule, quality, and appropriate business measurements of these projects.
Work with the client to identify business requirements, develop the proposal and translate customer requirements into formal agreements and plans to culminate in customer acceptance of results.
Creation of the project Statement of Work (SOW) and corresponding budget.
Responsible for organizing and leading cross functional teams in developing and implementing project deliverables; ensure that all project work packages and tasks are properly and realistically estimated, documented, scheduled and tracked.
Managing a matrix based project team spread across multiple locations and time zones.
Convey to all team members a full understanding of the customer requirements of the project; work with project team members, internal Sigma-Systems Group customers and external customers to identify and resolve issues in a timely and professional manner.Preparing project profit and loss statements, tracking schedule and cost variance.
Prepare and present feasibility studies, performance and transaction/system analysis, alternative analyses and cost estimates for proposed projects.
Understand the technology and how it can answer customers’ needs and identify appropriate solutions.
Evaluate projects, via process, and teamwork performance in respect to performance management and career development; document results.
Available to travel as needed.
ON CUSTOMER PREMISE
Demonstrated ability to lead a customer engagement proactively – active listening, speaking up and voicing your opinion, appreciating customer concerns, setting expectations and following up on commitments
Foster relationships at the technical and management level to broaden Sigma reach and to gain an appreciation of the customer operations
Demonstrated “can do” approach to work – willing to roll up sleeves, think on your feet, communicate clearly in pressure situations, and willing to go the extra mile to satisfy the customer.
- Product area knowledge (product catalog, order management and provisioning, commercial and residential voice, HSD, video).
- Excellent project documentation skills.
- Strong background in project accounting.
- Exceptional team leadership skills and demonstrated ability to develop and coach technical team members in multiple locations.
- Willing to continually search out and implement best practices as they relate to project management.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal), and interpersonal skills. Able to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and the customer.
- Must have experience analyzing and understanding data
- Strong problem-solving skills. Must be able to debug and troubleshoot product issues in a complex environment. Able to provide workarounds and/or propose solutions with the assistance of development team.
- Must be able to make quick, thoughtful decisions
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills to achieve successful results working closely with customer and internal resources
- Knowledge of telecom and cable domain, OSS/BSS software.
- Critical thinking
- Demonstrating tenacity and perseverance
- Displaying creativity
- Displaying technical expertise
- Adapting to change
- Communicating effectively
- Championing customer needs
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing and delivering Technology-based projects, within a Service provider cable/telco environment.
- Experience managing multi phased projects that include professional services with billable hours and fully utilized resources.
- Experience managing project profit/loss budgets and resource allocations within a matrix environment.
- Driven to execute effectively, overcome risk and see commitments through to completion, always raising the bar on quality. High degree of professionalism and accountability.
- Experience with software delivery methodologies using PMbOK and Agile methodology and Jira / VersionOne Agile tool preferred.