Job Title: Product Owner
Reporting To: Within the Chief Technology Office (CTO) group
Location: Pune, India
Sigma’s Products organization consists of dynamic, experienced and highly motivated product professionals focused on delivering cutting edge and innovative product solutions for the Communications, Media and High Tech industries. The Product Owner will play a pivotal role within the Products team in shaping and evolving the product portfolio.
The Product Owner is responsible for:
- Product Roadmap & Requirements
- Release Management
- Product Packaging
- Products / Engineering Suppor
- Internal Asset Development
Product Roadmap & Requirements
- Identify, define and detail product requirements
- Clearly identify and elaborate backlog items to facilitate a shared understanding between the product and engineering organizations
- Make decisions and prioritize backlog items in order to maximize product output
- Develop business and user processes
- Define standards for product UI’s
- Enforce standards through product requirements
- Participate in industry groups and conferences to drive the company view of the market, working on detailed focus groups, action teams, committees
- Maintain the near term detailed product roadmap (3-12 months)
- Scope features and requirements into appropriate product releases
- Manage the product release program:
- Create & maintain release project plans, working with the Product Manager to agree priorities and schedules
- Track & report overall status
- Implement & Manage Risk, Issues, Change Logs, escalating to the Product Manager any deviation to scope, time or budget as appropriate
- Responsible for the overall packaging of the product, including software packaging oversight, documentation, training support, and technical install / operations manuals
Product Requirements / Use Case Management
- Responsible and accountable for conceptual and functional designs of Sigma’s software products
- Ongoing liaison with Engineering to ensure that the meaning and testability of requirements are correctly transferred
Products / Engineering Support
- Participate in and drive design sessions with strategic customers
- Participate in and drive design sessions with engineering
- Drive the technical resolution of issues arising from changes to scope, requirements, design, etc.
- Work with documentation teams to ensure accurate representation of design and capability within technical publications
- Facilitate effective knowledge transfer, training and adoption of product capabilities by Sigma delivery and sales teams
Internal Asset Development
- Regularly contribute to improving implementation tools and Delivery Methodology
- Assist in the development of product documentation
- Assist in the development of product training materials
- Assist in the delivery of Sigma product training
- Regularly contribute new product roadmap ideas
- Accept new incidents as created by customers
- Support assigned clients / customer environments in the Cloud by having an intimate knowledge of a client’s implementation and critical business processes
- Investigate new incidents as reported by customers, or through automated alerts. Ensure the issue is properly understood and documented in CRM. Gather necessary evidence for triage and incident resolution.
- Escalate P1 or urgent issues as needed to the appropriate teams and management
- Gather necessary evidence for triage and incident resolution.
- Resolve incident per Sigma triage and resolution processes or escalate to Tier 2 for additional assistance.
- Communicate regularly with customer and internal resources on status of incident per accepted guidelines
- Ultimately responsible for resolution of all incidents opened by the customer
- Assist customers with operational issues on the software.
- Coordinate customer deployments with internal teams
- Documentation related to new release which includes release notes and Deployment document
- JBOSS: Able to maintain an application within JBOSS
- UNIX: Intermediate-level knowledge, with some experience in maintenance or admin activities.
- Oracle: Intermediate-level knowledge of Oracle (OR another relational database, such as Sybase or MS SQL), such as basic SQLs/queries
- Experience in a software development environment or in roles such as technical support, business analysis, project management team, client on-site, or other customer-facing roles.
- Knowledge of the domain (high-speed data, VoIP), particularly with the cable / Telecom industry.
- Deployment of Product application in product environment
- If taken part in any Migration activity is preferred
- Basic Networking knowledge is preferable.
- Basic knowledge of Docker is an added advantage.
Education & Experience
- Experience Requirements – 5+ years
- B.E degree in Computers OR Electronics or a related subject, or commensurate industry experience.