Job Title: Product Business Analyst
Reports To: Director of Products, who reports into the Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
Prepared By: Human Resources
Date: January 2019
We are looking for a Product Business Analyst to join our Products group, reporting into a Product Manager. The role will involve assisting with the capture and definition of requirements and the elaboration of those requirements as part of an Agile Products organization.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Business Analyst will play a key role within the Products team in shaping the development of new product features and the ongoing refinement of existing ones.
The Business Analyst is responsible for developing detailed product requirements and, wherever appropriate, associated use cases:
- Responsible and accountable for conceptual and functional designs of Sigma’s software products
- Capturing / creating requirements through conducting interviews and workshops with key knowledge holders: customers; professional services; sales etc.
- Developing, validating and maintaining Use Cases describing the captured requirements
- Writing and managing Product Requirement Definitions (PRDs) for each release of the product, in support of the product roadmap and product releases
- Ongoing liaison with Engineering to ensure that the meaning and testability of requirements are correctly transferred
- Participating in industry groups and conferences to drive the company view of the market, working on detailed focus groups, action teams, committees
- Participates in and drives design sessions with engineering and strategic customers.
- Drives the technical resolution of issues arising from changes to scope, requirements, design, etc.
- Works with Quality Assurance to transfer knowledge and develop the test strategy and validate the test plan
- Works with Documentation to ensure accurate representation of design and capability within technical publications
- Experience with different software delivery models including Agile, Scrum, iterative, and others.
Works with Sigma Product Management and Engineering organizations to:
- Provides detail on features and functionality of Core platform releases, in conjunction with Product Management
- Work directly with development and QA resources to translate Business requirements into clear technical problem statements
- Facilitate effective knowledge transfer, training and adoption of product capabilities by Sigma delivery and sales teams
Contribute to internal asset development:
- Regularly contribute to improving implementation tools and Delivery Methodology
- Assist in the development of product training materials
- Assist in the delivery of Sigma product training
- Regularly contribute new product roadmap ideas
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Extensive progressive work experience with a significant proportion of that experience being spent as a business analyst or related role
- Significant experience of working within the telecommunications sector
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills to achieve successful results working closely with customer and internal resources
- Strong communication skills – verbal, written and listening
- Proven ability to achieve challenging goals and objectives
- Must be pro-active, able to take the initiative and operate independently
- Strong data modelling experience
- Must be able to work with UML modeling language
- Must have experience with Use case driven development and use case modeling
- Familiarity with modern development languages and environments
- Able to travel domestically and internationally
- Fluent English
Desirable education & experience
- Knowledge of Order Management, Provisioning/Activation, Product Catalog and Configure Price Quotation systems.