SIGMA’S COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
Sigma Systems Canada LP and its affiliated companies (collectively “Sigma”) are committed to providing you with an online experience that respects your privacy and provides appropriate safeguards for your information.
Sigma will only collect and use your information when you visit our website (the “Website”) and provide your consent.
The Website incorporates privacy controls which affect how your personal data is processed. By using the privacy controls, you can specify whether you would like to receive direct marketing communications and limit access to your information. You can access the privacy controls at any time via the header of each page on our website.
You may visit the Website anonymously, but if you wish to use certain features or submit a request, you will be asked to provide certain information. If you do not wish to provide the requested information, you may not be able to access or use the relevant features.
2. WHAT INFORMATION DOES SIGMA COLLECT?
Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
The relevant cookies are: _ga, _gid, _gat, AMP_TOKEN, _gac_<property-id>
(Still not sure what cookies are? click here)
Sigma collects information from you when you:
- Download a whitepaper, case study, article, research report, analyst report or other publication
- View embedded content
- Ask to view an online product demo or webinar
- Book a product demo
- Ask to set up a meeting with a Sigma customer
- Request further information or a call from a Sigma representative
- Visit the Website, or any of Sigma’s social media pages
The information that Sigma collects is indicated on various forms throughout the Website, and retains your information for your convenience and may include details such as:
- Your name
- The name of the business that you represent
- Your job title
- Your email address
- Your telephone number
- Where you are located
In some cases, you are also given the opportunity to provide a text description of your specific request or area of interest, to better enable Sigma to provide a response that is focused on your needs.
Sigma also gathers other information, including information about your computer such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system.
3. HOW DO YOU PROTECT MY DATA?
We encrypt any data we collect using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology – this industry standard security protects your data while it is being sent over the internet from being intercepted and misused by third parties. When it reaches us, we then encrypt the content and store it on a secure server so that it can only be read by authorized personnel.
Upon request, Sigma will provide you with all of the information it holds and any of the information that you have submitted.
4. HOW IS THE DATA YOU COLLECT STORED?
Sigma stores the data you provide in accordance with applicable regulation and legislation, including to the adequacy rules of the European Commission. Transfers of any data will be protected by appropriate industry accepted safeguards. Sigma will not transfer your data outside of any regions, which would be a breach of applicable regulation or legislation under any circumstance. You acknowledge that general personal data that you submit for publication through our Website or services or others may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use of such publicly available personal data by others.
5. WHAT ARE MY DATA RIGHTS?
You may review, withdraw consent, delete and/or update your information, by contacting Sigma here.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information may be subject to:
(a) The payment of a reasonable fee for such services; and
(b) The supply of appropriate evidence of your identity.
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. If you consider that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection in the EU member state of your habitual residence.
6. HOW DOES SIGMA USE THE INFORMATION IT COLLECTS?
Sigma may use the collected information to:
- Fulfill requests for a publication, demo, meeting, or information
- Establish and maintain relationships with anyone who indicates an interest in our products
Improve and optimize the user experience based on aggregate user behavior
7. HOW LONG DOES SIGMA RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION?
Sigma does not retain personal data for longer than is necessary. We may retain your personal data where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation, or in order to protect your vital interests or the interests of another person.
Sigma will also delete any information as requested.
8. CAN THIRD PARTIES ACCESS MY DATA?
Subject to the sharing described below, Sigma does not sell, trade, or monetize the information you submit to outside parties. We will not disclose your information to any third party without your consent.
Sigma may only provide your information to trusted third parties in limited circumstances:
- Sigma may authorize trusted third parties bound by confidentiality to access your data in maintaining and optimizing our Website.
- Sigma may also release your information when it believes release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce its policies, or protect its rights, property or safety, or the rights, property or safety of others.
- Sigma may include links to third party websites on the Website. We are not responsible for the data policies, content or security of these linked web sites.
- If Sigma is involved in a merger or acquisition, your information may be disclosed under strict confidentiality to the other party involved in the transaction.
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our Website.
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
If you opted into receiving our updates, we may notify you of changes to this policy by email.
9. CONTACTING SIGMA
dataprivacy (at) sigma-systems.com
Sigma Systems Canada LP
Suite 1100, 55 York Street
Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 1R7