Job Title: Technical Writer
Location: Cwmbran, Wales
Reports To: Director, Sigma Academy
Prepared By: Human Resources
Date: March 2018
Sigma Systems is seeking a Technical Writer to join our Knowledge Solutions team to work closely with your allocated software development teams, project specialists and trainers to develop innovative user assistance for our comprehensive suite of software products.
If you are someone who prides themselves in being innovative, dedicated, agile, driven to exceed expectations and a champion of celebrating success, we want to hear from you!
- You are great at planning, conceptualizing and developing your work. Your attention to writing user-friendly accurate content in a task-based way will be a key part of your daily activities. We love clear and crisp communication.
- You live and breathe your day-to-day activities in tight quarters with Engineering and Project Management teams, working well with developers, product managers and subject-matter experts alike.
- You’re good with the groove and momentum in Agile software development cycles.
- You’re familiar with publishing SDK documentation to describe APIs relevant to production integration, as well as user guides, such as installation, administration, configuration and user-interface guides.
- You know all about Adobe FrameMaker. You’re also keen and quick to learn new products, and these days, who isn’t a Microsoft Office guru? So, you’re that too.
- You appreciate standard deliverables. Yes, we’ve spent time investing in workflows, templates and writing standards, incorporating the Microsoft Manual of Styles. You’re willing to add value here, and equally happy to use what’s available as we evolve.
- You teach others by producing screen captures, flowcharts and infographics. Images make you happy.
- You’ve worked in the telecommunications space and have a basic understanding of the associated BSS/OSS processes.
- You’re are a lifelong learner with a never-ending appetite to better yourself and acquire new skills to hone your craft.
- You enjoy proofreading and editing your work and the work of others. You’re obsessed with accuracy and consistency of language.
- You thrive in a chaotic environment with changing deadlines and priorities, and you soak up the ambiguity as a new challenge.
Education & Experience
- BA or BS in English, Communications, Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent qualification
- Formal certification or advanced training in technical writing
- You have excellent communication abilities and proven talent with the written word.