Title: Technical Support Analyst
Location: Toronto, ON
The Technical Support Analyst is responsible for the acceptance, triage and resolution of customer reported incidents. They will perform preliminary investigation and resolve incidents, update tickets with status and work after investigating with other sections of the business on delivering workarounds and patches as applicable.
Where assigned, they will work on customer projects for UAT and delivery of new software as well as continuing to support the production environments thereafter.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- Support clients by having an intimate knowledge of a client’s implementation and critical business processes
- Investigate new incidents as reported by customers, ensure the issue is properly understood and documented. Gather necessary evidence for triage and incident resolution.
- Escalate P1 or urgent issues as needed to the appropriate teams and management.
- Resolve incident per Sigma triage and resolution processes or escalate for additional assistance.
- Communicate regularly with customer and internal resources on status of incident per accepted guidelines
- Ultimately responsible for resolution of all incidents opened by the customer
- Assist customers with operational issues on the software.
- Coordinate customer deployments with internal teams.
- Provide after-hours support for P1 situations.
- Ability to travel to customer sites as and when required. Approximately 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- UNIX (Solaris and/or Linux): Intermediate-level knowledge, with some experience in maintenance or administrative activities.
- Oracle: Intermediate-level knowledge of Oracle (OR another relational database, such as Sybase or MS SQL), such as basic SQLs/queries
- WebLogic: Able to maintain an application within WebLogic (OR another application server platform, such as Borland, Apache or JBoss
- Strong problem-solving skills. Must be able to debug and troubleshoot product issues in a complex environment. Able to provide workarounds and/or propose solutions independently and/or by collaborating with the internal teams.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal), and interpersonal skills to be able to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and external clients
- Confident and able to work independently as well as within a remotely located team.
- Able to participate in the on-call rotation in 24×7 support environment.
- Experience in a software development environment or in roles such as technical support, business analysis, call centre, help desk, project management team, client on-site, or other customer-facing roles
- Knowledge of the provisioning domain (high-speed data, VoIP), particularly with the cable industry.