Job Title: Technical Support Analyst
Location: Cwmbran, Wales
Reports To: Regional Technical Support Manager
Prepared By: Human Resources
Date: May 2018
Sigma is a leading provider of digital infrastructure software and services for cable and telecommunications networks. Sigma’s open-platform software for Digital Services Automation lets network operators efficiently manage video, voice, and data on high-capacity digital networks. Sigma supports a wide variety of services, including enhanced TV, on-demand video, service management, and voice and high-speed data communications.
Reporting to the Manager of Technical Support, the Technical Support Analyst is responsible for the acceptance, triage and resolution of customer reported incidents. They will perform preliminary investigation and resolve incidents, update tickets with status and work with Tier 2 and other sections of the business on delivering workarounds and patches as applicable.
Where assigned, they will work on customer projects for UAT and delivery of new software.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- Support clients by having an intimate knowledge of a client’s implementation and critical business processes.
- Investigate new incidents as reported by customers, ensure the issue is properly understood and documented. Gather necessary evidence for triage and incident resolution.
- Escalate P1 or urgent issues as needed to the appropriate teams and management.
- Resolve incident per Sigma triage and resolution processes or escalate to Tier 2 for additional assistance.
- Communicate regularly with customer and internal resources on status of incident per accepted guidelines
- Ultimately responsible for resolution of all incidents opened by the customer
- Assist customers with operational issues on the software.
- Coordinate customer deployments with internal teams.
- Provide after-hours support for P1 situations.
- Occasionally travel to client sites as a project resource, performing software deployments and on-site support
- UNIX (Solaris and/or Linux): Intermediate-level knowledge, with some experience in maintenance or administrative activities.
- WebLogic or Joss: Able to maintain an application within WebLogic (or another application server platform, such as Borland, Apache or JBoss)
- Oracle: Intermediate-level knowledge of Oracle (OR another relational database, such as Sybase or MS SQL), such as basic SQLs/queries
- Strong problem-solving skills. Must be able to debug and troubleshoot product issues in a complex environment. Able to provide workarounds and/or propose solutions independently and/or by collaborating with the internal teams.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal), and interpersonal skills to be able to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and external clients
- Able to participate in the on-call rotation in 24×7 support environment.
- Experience in a software development environment or in roles such as technical support, business analysis, call centre, help desk, project management team, client on-site, or other customer-facing roles
- Knowledge of the provisioning domain (high-speed data, VoIP), particularly with the cable industry.