Title: Solutions Tech Lead
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
We are looking for a Solutions Tech Lead to join our awesome team!
The Solutions Tech Lead focuses on providing technical leadership and coordination while ensuring the requirements outlined by the Architecture team are implemented.
- Review documents delivered by Architect/BSA;
- Is required to have an end to end understanding of the implementation’s requirements.
- Must have a good understanding of the product.
- Walkthrough use cases with Architect/BSA with focus on impacted components.
- Identify technical issues and recommend optimum solutions or options; Recommend changes in use cases in order to provide more technically feasible solutions. Be vocal in recommendation to ensure the solution is technically sound.
- Possesses a combination of both problem –solving and innovation skills to attend to several technical production challenges.
- Ensure Solutions Developers understand use cases/workflow. Bridge communication between developers and Architect/BSA.
- Deliver high level design documents for Configuration and components.
- Develop Configuration Impact Design.
- Conduct walkthrough/review with developers.
- Customize or reconfigure existing components; determine how it has to be configured and written.
- Review detailed design documentation delivered by developers.
- Review code/configuration produced by developers.
- Provide guidance on setting test environments including preparation, configuration.
- Prepare first draft of Component Integration Testing document; Identify the subset of test cases developed for component integration;
- Provide training and consultation to QA team; Assist QA to understand use cases;
- Develop installation document draft and assist TAM with final document.
- Confirm build readiness; Provide coordination between developers in fixing complex defects.
- Assist in validating effort estimation for PCRs and new projects.
- Travel of up to 25% on an annual basis.
- Hands-on, work-related Java and J2EE application server knowledge (Weblogic, JBoss ) is required. JBoss is preferred.
- Strong XML development/parsing experience is required. XSD knowledge is an asset.
- Working knowledge of Node.JS and AngularJS.
- Knowledge of IIS is an asset.
- Knowledge of Agile development/delivery methodologies.
- Strong working knowledge of SQL is required. Experience in Oracle / Microsoft SQL server and PL/SQL, T-SQL programming is an asset.
- Above average presentation and communication skills.
- Telecom knowledge is a strong asset.
- Multitasking skills.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Aptitude as determined by managers and delivery
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal), and interpersonal skills. Able to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and the customer.
- Must have experience analyzing and understanding data
- Strong problem-solving skills. Must be able to debug and troubleshoot product issues in a complex environment. Able to provide workarounds and/or propose solutions with the assistance of development team.
- Must be able to make quick, thoughtful decisions.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills to achieve successful results working closely with customer and internal resources
- Knowledge of telecom and cable domain, OSS/BSS software an asset.
- Critical thinking
- Demonstrating tenacity and perseverance
- Displaying creativity
- Displaying technical expertise
- Adapting to change
- Communicating effectively
- Championing customer needs
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of work-related experience in development, configuration, deployment and integration of software applications.
- Linux, UNIX/Solaris knowledge and working experience in shell scripting is required.
- Systems Integration experience is required.
- OSS provisioning, OSS Domain, IP Networking and CPQ experience is an asset