Title: Solutions Developer
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
We are looking for a Solutions Developer to join our awesome team!
The Solutions Developer is responsible for the design, development, configuration, component integration and Tier-3 support of client implementations of Sigma’s products and services.
- Act as product expert – be the primary on-site contact with the customer for technical questions, support, product deployments, and tools. Triage reported issues to confirm as possible bug.
- Support the client by having an in depth knowledge of customer implementation and business processes.
- Represent the customer to ensure product issues are being tracked, prioritized, resolved, and incorporated into the product release cycle.
- Clearly identify, document and find solutions for customer issues and product problems. Test and verify fixes before delivering to customer.
- Escalate critical customer situations to the appropriate level of management and engineering expertise.
- Communicate technical issues and solutions to the engineering, QA, and support teams as well as to the customer base.
- Assist customers with operational issues on the software.
- Coordinate customer deployments with internal teams.
- Provide off-hours support for P1 production cases.
- Travel of up to 25% annually.
- Hands-on, work-related Java and J2EE application server knowledge (Weblogic, JBoss) is required. JBoss is preferred.
- Strong XML development/parsing experience is required. XSD knowledge is an asset.
- Working knowledge of Node.JS and AngularJS.
- Knowledge of IIS is an asset.
- Strong working knowledge of SQL is required.
- Above average presentation and communication skills.
- Knowledge of Agile development/delivery methodologies.
- OSS provisioning, OSS Domain, IP Networking and CPQ experience is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal), and interpersonal skills. Able to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and the customer.
- Knowledge of telecom and cable domain, OSS/BSS software an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills to achieve successful results working closely with customer and internal resources
- Must be able to make quick, thoughtful decisions
- Strong problem-solving skills. Must be able to debug and troubleshoot product issues in a complex environment. Able to provide workarounds and/or propose solutions with the assistance of development team.
- Must have experience analyzing and understanding data
- Critical thinking
- Demonstrating tenacity and perseverance
- Displaying creativity
- Displaying technical expertise
- Adapting to change
- Communicating effectively
- Championing customer needs
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3+ years of work-related experience in development, configuration, deployment and integration of software applications.
- Experience in Oracle / Microsoft SQL server/MongoDB and PL/SQL, T-SQL programming is an asset.
- Linux, UNIX/Solaris knowledge and working experience in shell scripting is required.
- Systems Integration experience is required.