Job Title: Solutions Architect
Location: Mexico City, Mexico
Job Type: Full-Time
If you are someone who prides themselves in being innovative, dedicated, agile, driven to exceed expectations and a champion of celebrating success, we want to hear from you!
In this role, you will provide technical leadership for all aspects of design, delivery, & production support for strategic accounts (e.g. customers, internal engineering, delivery teams, internal support). You will play a central role in identifying, communicating, and leading the resolution of issues that impact the delivery or ongoing health of a customer’s solution. Collaboration across internal organizations to improve customer delivery methodology and being proactive in terms of industry trends and opportunities will also be important.
- Responsible for design and delivery accuracy, stability, & performance of Sigma’s Solutions
- Actively develops and manages relationships across multiple organizational tiers and disciplines with strategic customers
- Lead and participate in design, triage, and/or testing sessions with program stakeholders (e.g. customer, Sigma, 3rd parties)
- Produces, reviews, finalizes, and approves technical documents to ensure delivery accuracy and success
- Works with customer and delivery team to drive resolution of issues arising from changes to scope, requirements, design, etc.
- Provides knowledge and thought leadership across multiple domains, including:
- Understanding the technologies involved in a delivery, how they relate to Sigma’s Solutions, and addressing issues before they impact a program.
- Transferring this domain and product knowledge both internally and externally.
- Representing Sigma’s perspective & interests to industry groups and standards bodies as required.
- Works with Product Management, Marketing and Sales to :
- Understand industry trends.
- Provide the point of contact with third party vendors where interfaces need to be built to these systems.
- Assist in the preparation of RFI/RFP responses.
- Perform technical and functional presentations to prospective customers.
- Define and prioritize the features and functionality of each release.
- Works with Professional Services and the Solution organization to:
- Establish & maintain knowledge transfer, training, and adaptation of functionality in customer implementations.
- Review, update, and approve implementation design documents.
- provide industry and domain consulting services to customers in all areas of telecom.
- Works with Documentation to ensure accurate representation of design and capability within technical publications.
On Customer Premise
- Demonstrated ability to lead a customer engagement proactively – active listening, speaking up and voicing your opinion, appreciating customer concerns, setting expectations and following up on commitments
- Foster relationships at the technical and management level to broaden Sigma reach and to gain an appreciation of the customer operations
- Demonstrated “can do” approach to work – willing to roll up sleeves, think on your feet, communicate clearly in pressure situations, and willing to go the extra mile to satisfy the customer.
- Knowledge and experience with an enterprise product catalog and CPQ applications including PLM
- Deep knowledge of the fixed and wireless telecom industry, technology and service environment.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience with carrier-grade fulfillment and activation processes for devices and networks for both voice and data.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience with VoIP, IMS and Service Delivery Platforms.
- Knowledge of mediation and call detail record management, including usage mediation processes is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience with OSS and provisioning systems.
- Experience in use case and technical specification creation.
- Solid understanding of Service Oriented Architecture principles.
- Proven ability to achieve challenging goals and objectives.
- Strong knowledge of programming languages, service oriented architectures, web services, RDBMS, workflow languages, technical standards.
- Fluency with Tele-management Forum standards and practices.
- Outstanding problem-solving abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills to achieve successful results working closely with customer and internal resources
- Strong communication skills – verbal, written and listening
- Must be pro-active, able to take the initiative and operate independently with minimal direction
- Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks to make effective use of time
- Customer management
- Proficient in UNIX/Linux environments.
- Critical thinking
- Demonstrating tenacity and perseverance
- Displaying creativity
- Displaying technical expertise
- Adapting to change
- Championing customer needs
Education and Experience
- BA/BSc in computer science, engineering, mathematics; MS is an asset.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a high growth, telecommunications software environment.
- Fluency in English and Spanish required. Ability to speak Portuguese is an asset.