Title: Solutions Architect
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
We are looking for a Solutions Architect to join our awesome team!
The Solutions Architect provides technical leadership for all aspects of design, delivery, & production support for strategic accounts. They will collaborate across internal organizations to improve customer delivery methodology and react proactively to industry trends and opportunities. The Solutions Architect identifies, communicates, and leads resolution of issues that impact the delivery or ongoing health of a customer’s solution.
- Responsible for design and delivery accuracy, stability, & performance of Sigma’s Solutions
- Actively develops and manages relationships across multiple organizational tiers and disciplines with strategic customers
- Lead and participate in design, triage, and/or testing sessions with program stakeholders (e.g. customer, Sigma, 3rd parties)
- Produces, reviews, finalizes, and approves technical documents to ensure delivery accuracy and success
- Works with customer and delivery team to drive resolution of issues arising from changes to scope, requirements, design, etc.
- Provides knowledge and thought leadership across multiple domains, including:
- Understanding the technologies involved in a delivery, how they relate to Sigma’s Solutions, and addressing issues before they impact a program.
- Transferring this domain and product knowledge both internally and externally.
- Representing Sigma’s perspective & interests to industry groups and standards bodies as required.
- Works with Product Management, Marketing and Sales to
- Understand industry trends.
- Provide the point of contact with third party vendors where interfaces need to be built to these systems.
- Assist in the preparation of RFI/RFP responses.
- Perform technical and functional presentations to prospective customers.
- Define and prioritize the features and functionality of each release.
- Works with Professional Services and the Solution organization to:
- Establish & maintain knowledge transfer, training, and adaptation of functionality in customer implementations.
- Review, update, and approve implementation design documents.
- provide industry and domain consulting services to customers in all areas of telecom.
- Works with Documentation to ensure accurate representation of design and capability within technical publications.
- Deep knowledge of the fixed and wireless telecom industry, technology and service environment.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience with carrier-grade fulfillment and activation processes for devices and networks for both voice and data.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience with VoIP, IMS and Service Delivery Platforms.
- Knowledge of mediation and call detail record management, including usage mediation processes is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience with OSS and provisioning systems.
- Experience in use case and technical specification creation.
- Solid understanding of Service Oriented Architecture principles.
- Proven ability to achieve challenging goals and objectives.
- Strong knowledge of programming languages, service oriented architectures, web services, RDBMS, workflow languages, technical standards.
- Fluency with Telemanagement Forum standards and practices.
- Proficient in UNIX/Linux environments.
- Strong problem-solving skills. Must be able to debug and troubleshoot product issues in a complex environment. Able to provide workarounds and/or propose solutions with the assistance of development team.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal), and interpersonal skills. Able to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and the customer.
- Able to travel for training and customer visits.
- Must have experience analyzing and understanding data
- Must be able to make quick, thoughtful decisions
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills to achieve successful results working closely with customer and internal resources
- Knowledge of telecom and cable domain, OSS/BSS software an asset.
- Must be pro-active, able to take the initiative and operate independently with minimal direction
- Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks to make effective use of time.
- Critical thinking
- Demonstrating tenacity and perseverance
- Displaying creativity
- Displaying technical expertise
- Adapting to change
- Communicating effectively
- Championing customer needs
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- BA/BSc in computer science, engineering, mathematics; MS is an asset.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a high growth, telecommunications software environment.