Job Title: Software Developer
Location: Cwmbran, Wales
Reports To: Development Manager
Prepared By: Human Resources
Date: July 2016
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in the specification of software requirement and design, engaging with Product owners to understand functional and business requirements
- Conduct unit tests/integration tests to ensure software meets requirements
- Engineer quality, maintainable and testable code.
- Ensure all assigned deliverables are completed on specification, quality and according to agreed timelines.
- Work with test team to assist in the development of test plans which adequately exercise the software
- Participate in the development, review and adherence of project and department standards for quality, proficiency, and customer satisfaction.
- Participate in the development of documentation and training materials required for each of the products
- Assume other responsibilities as assigned.
- Significant experience building, testing, and deploying high quality, highly reliable, scalable web applications, APIs, and user-interfaces in a team environment.
- NodeJS (Express)
- AngularJS, JQuery etc.
- HTML, and CSS (Twitter Bootstrap).
- Experience with and passion for quality-oriented software development best practices including unit and functional testing, automation, continuous integration, and low-dependency architectures.
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Design and Development
- Strong experience working on Product development using an agile methodology
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Honours degree in computing or a related subject, or commensurate industry experience.
If you are someone who prides themselves in being innovative, dedicated, agile, driven to exceed expectations and a champion of celebrating success, we want to hear from you!