Job Title: Senior Technical Writer
Location: Toronto, ON
Reports To: Manager
Date: December 2017
SUMMARY / JOB DESCRIPTION
Calling all Senior Technical Writers seeking exciting role with fantastic company!
Do you have great writing and research skills? Are you someone with a thirst for collecting information and conveying it through written communications with ease and speed? Have you dazzled your previous development teams by working so closely together they can see the whites in your eyes and the sparkle in your teeth? Do you also seek a role with flexible working hours?
If yes, keep reading!
Do your quick scribbles rapidly become insightful diagrams simplifying even the most complicated technical solutions and are in hot demand across the company for people to explain how a product magically works? Are you fluent in Adobe FrameMaker and experienced in writing API/SDK documentation?
Still with us? We want to hear from you
In this role, you will work in the Knowledge Solutions team and closely with software development teams, product managers, and business analysts to develop user assistance for our comprehensive suite of software products. We’re proudly nimble, but really stretching to disrupt the way technical product documentation is written today and bridge the gap between documentation and training.
How you’ll excel in this role:
- You have excellent communication abilities and proven talent with the written word.
- You’re a great content planner, designer and a developer. Your attention to writing accurate content for users in a task-based way will be a key part of your daily activities. We love clear and crisp communication.
- You live and breathe your day-to-day activities in tight quarters with engineering and product management teams, working well with developers, product managers and subject-matter experts alike.
- You’re good with the groove and momentum in Agile software development cycles.
- You’re familiar with publishing SDK documentation to describe APIs relevant to production integration, as well as user guides, such as installation, administration, configuration and user-interface guides.
- You know all about Adobe FrameMaker. You’re also keen and quick to learn new products, and these days, who isn’t a Microsoft Office guru? So, you’re that too.
- You appreciate standard deliverables. Yes, we’ve spent time investing in workflows, templates and writing standards. You’re willing to add value here, and equally happy to use what’s available as we evolve.
- You’re visually connected to the world, maybe even a visual learner. You teach others by producing screen captures, flowcharts and infographics. Images make you happy.
- You’ve worked in the telecommunications space and know the acronyms and buzz words.
- You’re are a lifelong learner with a never-ending appetite to better yourself and acquire new skills to hone your craft.
- You enjoy proofreading and editing your work and the work of others. You’re obsessed with accuracy and consistency of language.
- You thrive in a chaotic environment with changing deadlines and priorities, and you soak up the ambiguity as a new challenge.
- You don’t live and die by a job description. You run with the pack and enjoy new initiatives and projects as they come.
Education & Experience
- BA or BS in English, Communications, Computer Science or related discipline
- Formal certification or advanced training in technical writing