Job Title: Senior Pre-Sales Consultant
Location: London, UK (EMEA)
Reports To: Director, Pre-Sales
Prepared By: Human Resources
Date: March 2018
This role is a great opportunity for a Telecom, industry and application, experienced specialist to join the Pre-Sales team within our evolving and exciting Sigma Systems organization. You will deal with many large and interesting Communications providers, working on challenging and innovative solutions. As an active part of the team, the Senior Pre-Sales Consultant will take joint responsibility for closing successful deals by facilitating solution requirements and fit, along with product and solutions demonstration. Your activities will include taking ownership of client relationships to present and coordinate the responses on all aspects of the Technical engagement, including creation and supporting of Proof of Concept (PoC) projects.
The most critical aspect of this position will be the ability to connect business value to the technical function based on a solid understanding of our product features and business benefits. Support ongoing evolution of market messaging, sales processes and product positioning.
The successful candidate will:
- Support the Sales cycle for Technical and Solution based activities
- Take ownership of and drive the technical aspects of, the opportunity, solution proposal and relationship with the prospective client.
- Participate in detailed discussions with client business managers
- Analysis of client objectives with regard to product feasibility
- Analysis of product development demands
- Product demonstrations at different points of the sales process, incorporating modifications of a planned nature and adapting on-going demonstrations to customer requests
- Conducting pre-sales scoping studies and workshops
- Drive and manage all stages of proposals and RFx responses
- Requirements gathering and documentation
- Business process analysis and re-design
- Aiding with technical integration issues with existing systems e.g. customer care, mediation, financial
- Providing on-site consultancy and operational support to client’s business operations
- Creation and delivery of presentations
- Involvement in account planning and delivery
- Providing first-line response to prospects’ functional and technical issues
- Generation of detailed functional and technical solutions to customers’ needs
- Assist in sales and marketing events, including opportunities to represent the company at industry events
- Confidently present industry and domain focused expertise and convey understanding and professionalism to prospective clients
- Demonstrate business benefits using the Sigma application portfolio.
- Provide estimations for pre-sales deliverables and deliver to those estimates.
- Extensive experience in OSS/BSS software product presales and/or solution architecture
- Detailed product knowledge in at least one of the following applications: CPQ, Order Capture, and Catalogue.
- Experience in multi-product solution delivering and selling within the Communications sector.
- Excellent customer-facing skills e.g. confident, articulate, calm under pressure
- Self motivated
- Mature, credible with good presence
- Empathy for the business drivers of the client
- Analytical problem-solving ability
- Prepared to travel extensively and internationally (approx. 50% of the time)
- Proactively research prospects and related information for meetings in order to anticipate questions and likely issues / obstacles, brief the sales team and provide ideas for sales positioning.
- Be able to deliver effective demos both in person and by audio/web conference.
- Proven experience working from a home based virtual office and being an effective contributor in a distributed team with minimal supervision
- Working knowledge of Telecom industry standards and practices
- Ability to understand, explain and position business and technical issues related to Client’s proposed solution
- Ability to execute to a plan and demonstrate dependability and ownership
- Ability to prioritise opportunities and tasks
- Proven experience with Bid Management and demonstrated knowledge of Account Planning
- Proven experience writing proposals, whitepapers and RFP responses
- Fluent in English, both oral and written, plus one additional language
- Architectural experience across the BSS/OSS Telecoms domain
- Detailed product knowledge in at least one of the following applications: Order Management, Provisioning and Fulfilment
- Knowledge of the Agile project methodology
- Business level proficiency in an additional major regional language a plus