Job Title: Senior Manager, Corporate Communications
Reports to: Vice President, Marketing
Sigma has a story to tell, and we’re looking for a savvy storyteller to help us share it with the world. Does coming up with irresistible content for press, analysts and customers make your day? Are you up for the challenge of ghostwriting for different Sigma leaders? Pitching Analysts the “why” in Sigma?
If so, then the Senior Communications Manager at Sigma might be the career move you’ve been waiting for. We believe that communications have changed; starting a conversation about your organization today takes a lot more than sending a press release out and hoping for the best. The best people tell their organization’s story through their own creative content. They don’t only identify publicity opportunities, they create them.
What will the Senior Manager, Corporate Communications do?
This position will help grow Sigma’s brand through analyst and media relations, content creation, and social channel management and expansion. Your mission will be to make Sigma a destination of high interest for our market and the key influencers within it. How? By helping tell stories to our market.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
The Senior Manager, Corporate Communications will be responsible for the execution of the Sigma System’s Corporate Communications Program including management of internal communications, industry analyst relations, media relations and nurturing and growing our social media channels. This is a senior level marketing position that requires an ability to work with senior executive management and industry influencers.
Expect to spend your time as follows:
- Analyst and media relations: 50%
- Social media management: 20%
- Content creation & management: 20%
- Internal communications: 10%
- Manage executive, corporate, analyst and media level presentation materials
- You will manage all media and analyst relations, communications objectives and initiatives. You will work in collaboration with Sigma’s PR agency.
- You’ll enhance our social media outreach program in line with industry best practices and be the corporate champion to tell sigma’s story and propagate valued insights to our subscriber and follower base
- As an active listener, you’ll engage in relevant social discussions about our company, industry and competitors
- A great collaborator, you’ll work alongside product marketing and other content creators to distribute content that educates and entertains our audience
- Working with our global demand generation and digital marketing director you will expand our industry outreach and visibility through global publications, tradeshows and events, and digital communications
- You help keep Sigma’s website up-to-date and work closely with product marketing to make on-going changes as needed
- Work with country teams to ensure that their webpages remain current (Japan, CALA)
- Conduct research as needed to support corporate communication (e.g., social media benchmarking, peer company comparisons)
- Help plan and produce video content for internal and external use
- In collaboration with graphic design manager, update the company branding guidelines and ensure proper use and incorporation of company narrative/voice throughout company materials
- Oversee industry award submissions
- Be a team player and pitch-in on various other department projects
- Maintain a corporate calendar for the company’s internal communications plan
- A skilled relationship builder with internal and external audiences
- Analyzing data and proposing action to drive results
- Communicating with excellence. You have an eye for details, be a great writer and editor, and have a creative flare for storytelling
- Able to develop strategies, supporting plans and execution
- Excel, PowerPoint, experience with Adobe creative suite a plus
- Presentation and communication skills
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 10+ years of corporate communications experience in a fast-paced software, or related high-technology business environment.
- Experience in the telecommunications marketplace is highly desired.
- Extensive experience in managing analyst and press relations, preferably within the telecom industry
- Significant and proven experience in defining the strategic plan, direction and execution of global PR/AR programs – including management of external PR agencies
- Bachelor’s degree in a Marketing discipline; or closely related is required.
- The successful candidate must be a strong writer – demonstrating excellent communications skills, creativity, resourcefulness, passion, and an understanding of and expertise in our industry. Writing and journalistic background would be a definite asset
- Extensive social media program experience is required – including, but not limited to corporate/industry blogs, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn
- Diversified background of strategic planning, writing, budgeting and creative skills to define, drive and manage a corporate communications program
- You are confident in, and have experience with, ghostwriting for executives for blog posts, press releases, contributed editorial content, etc.
- You have 2-3 writing samples to share (could be a blog post, an editorial, etc.)
- You want to bring completely new, content-driven ideas to the table