Senior Learning Consultant
Does this resonate?
Are you described by trusted friends and peers as a strong communicator with impressive presentation skills? Did you shine in previous roles with your passion for teaching and enthusiasm for helping others use technology? When you explain complicated topics, do you love using scribbling on smartboards, whiteboards or maybe even napkins to simplify and bring your easy to understand explanations to life?
Do you love travelling to customer sites as much as you enjoy time back at the office, building out a new training program and innovating with your peers?
If yes, keep reading!
While our organization has reached maturation in terms of a strong customer base and solid product stack (As I’m sure you’ve researched, our company provides the fastest path to creating, selling and delivering digital products and services), we are looking for a keen self-starter who lives outside of the traditional training box and has had exposure to customer implementations and delivered quite a lot of training solutions in the field.
Our team is lean in terms of resources, so this role alongside our other global Learning Consultants has the ability to make a strong impact to shape the future of our new innovative training roadmap.
How you’ll excel in this role:
- Utilize your subject matter expertise as a learning professional to curate end to end learning design, development and delivery as they relate to assigned Sigma products and services, kicking it up a notch and redefining what we offer
- Thrive in the actual software application for your training sessions and live less in Powerpoint to have your learners learn (think 80/20 – 80% hands on, 20% max theory/lecture)
- You’ll actively seek to understand upcoming product releases, estimate efforts for respective deliverables for all training modalities (instructor led and elearning) and create/execute a sound training plan to ensure all audiences are well supported post product launch
- Play a learning advisory role during the training request intake process, understanding the needs of the future learners, making recommendations and providing consultative support on the learning outcomes.
- Deliver training globally to customers onsite, ~50% travel as needed (approximately 2 weeks of the month based on demand)
- Feel comfortable with programming languages such as Java, REST, platforms/databases such as Oracle WebLogic, Apache and JBOSS, content editing tools like Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Framemaker and elearning authoring tools such as Captivate, Articulate, Lectora
- Exercise your knowledge of learning management systems administration including SCORM/AICC compliancy
- You love dealing with ambiguity, it is ok for you not to work from a prescribed list of tasks. You manage diversity with open arms and your humor is infectious.
- You know and respect your client groups (internally and externally) and know how important their journey is to our success.
Education & Experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a similar corporate role working progressively within learning and development/professional services/customer deployment support with responsibility for creating customer training programs and/or employee capability programs including;
- Delivering and compilation of needs assessments, gap analysis
- Designing thoughtful learning solutions focused on targeted learning outcomes
- Instructional design/development for creating net new learning solutions built in house with elearning authoring tools
- Measuring overall program effectiveness using appropriate levels of evaluation methods
- Experience in an autonomous role within a corporate B2B or B2C setting
- CTP, CTDP of equivalent designations are an asset
- Strong knowledge of sound adult learning methodologies such as ADDIE
- University or college graduate in Business, Adult Education, Computer Science or equivalent work experience