Job Title: Senior Developer – Mean stack
Reports To: Manager
Date: February 2017
We currently have several positions available for varying levels of experience as listed below, but what we value most is work ethic and acumen.
- Engage with product management and generate documentation as specified by the Sigma Systems development process.
- Engage with Product management to understand functional and business requirements
- Engineer quality, maintainable and testable code.
- Implement unit tests and follow wherever possible a TDD approach.
- Ensure all assigned deliverables are completed on specification, quality and according to agreed timelines.
- Participate in product and architecture development and design.
- Engage with program / project manager to produce project timelines
- Provide feedback and status of development
- Perform code reviews
- Support peers to achieve project deliverables.
- Maintain skill set and stay up to date on emerging technologies.
- Follow Sigma Systems development and architectural and UI standards.
- Inform program / project manager of progress and surface project related issues impacting specification, quality or schedule.
- Engage with program / project manager through development cycle to mitigate risks to quality and / or project schedule.
- Participate with other engineering disciplines to ensure successful project delivery.
- Significant experience building, testing, and deploying high quality, highly reliable, scalable web applications, APIs, and user-interfaces in a team environment.
- NodeJS (Express)
- AngularJS, JQuery etc.
- HTML, and CSS (Twitter Bootstrap).
- Experience with and passion for quality-oriented software development best practices including unit and functional testing, automation, continuous integration, and low-dependency architectures.
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Design and Development
- Strong experience working on Product development using an agile methodology
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good Problem Solving skills
- Flexibility to learn and work on new technologies
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- B.E. OR equivalent in Computer Science
- 3 – 5 years of relevant experience