Job Title: Sales and Account Director, US East
Location: Eastern USA
Reports To: VP Sales, North America
Prepared By: Human Resources
We are looking for a Sales Director for our US East territory to work with our awesome team. If you are someone who is fearless, thoughtful, curious, open-minded and inquisitive, we want to hear from you!
The Sales and Account Director, US East is responsible for developing, maintaining and growing business requirements with mid-size telecom companies. The focus will be on creating new relationships and opportunities. You will perform solution-based software sales, and will be charged with identifying leads, qualifying opportunities and managing through to completion.
You must have the entrepreneurial initiative and relationship building skills to create partnerships with C-level decision makers and manage the sales process through to contract signature.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships in the assigned territory
- Understand customer needs and develop sales plans
- Maintain and update the revenue and order forecast
- Engage the extended team of sales engineers, marketing and product management to develop new conversations and leads.
- Create and execute a communications plan to the sales team, client and company executives.
- Perform duties related to the full cycle sales strategy, from qualifying to close.
- Prospecting, cold calling, strategic selling, relationship-building, articulating company’s value proposition and solution at multiple levels of the organization.
- Writing, pricing, sales negotiation, contract development and closing.
- Drive thought leadership opportunities and client relationship development.
- Meet individual sales objectives related to pipeline building, opportunity development and ultimately sales execution (closing) to achieve company growth objectives.
- Develop and consistently execute comprehensive sales objectives, strategies and plans.
- Perform competitive analysis on services and pricing and disseminating those results to other team members.
- Ability to travel within the region approximately 50% of the time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Significant experience in the BSS/OSS Software sales arena.
- A successful track record of high growth and selling long sales cycle solutions that are multi-year in nature and are greater than $2 million in size.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including the ability to deliver C-level meetings (strategic direction, materials development, planning, etc).
- Experienced in using structured sales methodologies for selling to large accounts.
- Professional maturity to lead the way for the Strategic Accounts Sales team, set targets, and manage skillfully through long sales cycles.
- Ability to establish friendly, professional and cooperative relations with internal and external contacts during the course of work.
- Ability to exercise good judgement in protection and dissemination of Company confidential and proprietary information.