Job Title: Revenue Accountant
Reports To: Senior Revenue Accountant
Date: April 2017
We are looking for a Revenue Accountant to work with our awesome team. If you are someone who prides themselves in being organized, accurate, dedicated, agile, driven to exceed expectations and a champion of celebrating success, we want to hear from you!
The Revenue Accountant is responsible for all aspects of the revenue cycle within assigned regions. Reporting to the Senior Revenue Accountant, you will be part of a small and tight knit team and have the opportunity to add value from day one for our high-growth, high-tech organization.
- Manage the financial component of professional service projects including working closely with project managers to ensure accuracy of time submissions, billings, project forecasting and revenue recognition, along with investigating variances and discrepancies.
- Responsible for analyzing sales contracts, software license agreements and statements of work to determine the billing for license fees, maintenance & support, and professional services and following up with client on any discrepancies.
- Calculate and analyze monthly revenue recognition of projects while preparing monthly consolidated revenue analysis and variance reports for internal review.
- Collaborate with Sales during client contract negotiations to resolve sales forecasting discrepancies, and to create client quotes.
- Perform reconciliations and monthly revaluation of accounts denominated in foreign currencies.
- Responsible for following up and collecting past due invoices and ensuring a low AR aging balance.
- Contribute to the company’s profitability by providing accurate, relevant and timely financial information to various stakeholders.
- Produce and analyze variance analysis and other ad hoc reports.
- Assist in preparation of financial slides for Executive meetings and quarterly company-wide presentations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced MS Excel proficiency (including pivot tables).
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Detail oriented.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong Organizational and Time Management skills.
- Able to work independently.
- Knowledge of full accounting cycle.
- Results oriented.
- Effective teamwork skills.
- Able to handle a high level of stress and a fast-paced environment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- University degree.
- Professional designation (CPA preferred).
- At least 3-5 years of progressive accounting experience, including revenue recognition within a software environment.
- Experience in time reporting using an Enterprise Resource Management (ERP) system (e.g. Epicor) an asset, preferably within the Finance Department of a professional services organization.