Job Title: Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer
Location: Cwmbran, Wales
Reports To: QA Manager
Prepared By: Human Resources
Date: December 2017
We are looking for a QA Engineer to join our awesome team. If you are someone who prides themselves in being innovative, dedicated, agile, driven to exceed expectations and a champion of celebrating success, we want to hear from you!
Quality assurance at Sigma Systems is an integral part of the development life cycle. We are looking for an enthusiastic and smart QA Engineer to work within our agile development teams to drive quality from the start.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform ad-hoc and exploratory testing on a range of Web and Win-Form applications
- Creation and maintenance of automated tests using Selenium Webdriver, Specflow and Cucumber based tests against a range of Web and Win-Form based applications
- Perform effective defect management and drive defects to closure by taking complete bug ownership.
- Perform basic business analysis on specifications (user, functional, technical) to update existing test cases, or design new test cases for ownership areas
- Able to create test conditions and test cases/scripts from documents, GUI or from both
- Leverage debugging tools and interpret data to provide more information about software defects
- Participate in peer reviews of bugs and test cases
- Take part in improving the overall Quality assurance process of the end-to-end development cycle and release process
Desired Skills and Experience
- At least ISEB/ISTQB Foundation
- Significant experience of working in Quality Assurance or as a Test Engineer
- Experience in all areas of the testing lifecycle (systems testing, functional, regression testing, UAT)
- Experience in testing Web and/or Win-Form applications.
- Basic knowledge of commonly used test models & frameworks
- Good understanding of the test lifecycle and where it sits within the development lifecycle
- Some experience of testing n-tiered applications developed using Microsoft technologies
- Experience of carrying out peer reviews, triages, show-and-tells product demonstrations
- At least a basic knowledge of XML and SQL
- Good working experience of Selenium Webdriver or other code based test frame works