Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Mexico City, Mexico
Sigma Systems is seeking a Project Manager to join our team. If you are someone who prides themselves in being innovative, dedicated, agile, driven to exceed expectations and a champion of celebrating success, we want to hear from you!
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously; is responsible for performance, cost, scope, schedule, quality, and appropriate business measurements of these projects.
- Work with the client to identify business requirements, develop the proposal and translate customer requirements into formal agreements and plans to culminate in customer acceptance of results.
- Creation of the project Statement of Work (SOW) and corresponding budget.
Responsible for organizing and leading cross functional teams in developing and implementing project deliverables; ensure that all project work packages and tasks are properly and realistically estimated, documented, scheduled and tracked.
- Managing a matrix based project team spread across multiple locations and time zones.
- Convey to all team members a full understanding of the customer requirements of the project; work with project team members, internal Sigma-Systems Group customers and external customers to identify and resolve issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Preparing project profit and loss statements, tracking schedule and cost variance.
- Prepare and present feasibility studies, performance and transaction/system analysis, alternative analyses and cost estimates for proposed projects.
- Understand the technology and how it can answer customers’ needs and identify appropriate solutions.
- Evaluate projects, via post-mortem process, and teamwork performance in respect to performance management and career development; document results.
- Available to travel as needed.
On Customer Premise
- Demonstrated ability to lead a customer engagement proactively – active listening, speaking up and voicing your opinion, appreciating customer concerns, setting expectations and following up on commitments
- Foster relationships at the technical and management level to broaden Sigma reach and to gain an appreciation of the customer operations
- Demonstrated “can do” approach to work – willing to roll up sleeves, think on your feet, communicate clearly in pressure situations, and willing to go the extra mile to satisfy the customer.
- Product area knowledge (product catalog, order management and provisioning, commercial and residential voice, HSD, video).
- Excellent project documentation skills.
- Strong background in project accounting.
- Exceptional team leadership skills and demonstrated ability to develop and coach technical team members in multiple locations.
- Willing to continually search out and implement best practices as they relate to project management.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal), and interpersonal skills. Able to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and the customer.
- Must have experience analyzing and understanding data.
- Strong problem-solving skills. Must be able to debug and troubleshoot product issues in a complex environment. Able to provide workarounds and/or propose solutions with the assistance of development team.
- Must be able to make quick, thoughtful decisions.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills to achieve successful results working closely with customer and internal resources.
- Knowledge of telecom and cable domain, OSS/BSS software.
Fluency in Spanish and English is required. Ability to speak Portuguese is a definite asset.
- Critical thinking
- Demonstrating tenacity and perseverance
- Displaying creativity
- Displaying technical expertise
- Adapting to change
- Communicating effectively
- Championing customer needs
Education and Experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing and delivering Technology-based projects, within a Service provider cable/telco environment.
- Experience managing multi phased projects that include professional services with billable hours and fully utilized resources.
- Experience managing project profit/loss budgets and resource allocations within a matrix environment.
- Driven to execute effectively, overcome risk and see commitments through to completion, always raising the bar on quality.
- High degree of professionalism and accountability.
- Experience with software delivery methodologies using PMbOK and Agile methodology and Jira / VersionOne Agile tool preferred.