Job Title: Project Manager
Location: London, Europe
Reports To: Regional Director, Customer Enablement
Prepared By: Human Resources
Date: Sept 2017
Sigma Systems is seeking a Project Manager to join our Customer Enablement team. If you are someone who prides themselves in being innovative, dedicated, agile, driven to exceed expectations and a champion of celebrating success, we want to hear from you!
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously; is responsible for performance, cost, scope, schedule, quality, and appropriate business measurements of these projects.
Work with the client to identify business requirements, develop the proposal and translate customer requirements into formal agreements and plans to culminate in customer acceptance of results
- Creation of the project Statement of Work (SOW) and corresponding budget.
Responsible for organizing and leading cross functional teams in developing and implementing project deliverables; ensure that all project work packages and tasks are properly and realistically estimated, documented, scheduled and tracked.
- Managing a matrix based project team spread across multiple locations and time zones
- Deliver Agile projects, following best practice Agile principles, which may involve guiding or coaching team members or clients in all aspects of an Agile implementation such as appropriate scope management techniques, building and maintaining a backlog, and Sprint planning
- Convey to all team members a full understanding of the customer requirements of the project; work with project team members, internal Sigma-Systems Group customers and external customers to identify and resolve issues in a timely and professional manner
- Preparing project profit and loss statements, tracking schedule and cost variance.
- Prepare and present feasibility studies, performance and transaction/system analysis, alternative analyses and cost estimates for proposed projects
- Understand the technology and how it can answer customers’ needs and identify appropriate solutions
- Evaluate projects, via post-mortem process, and teamwork performance in respect to performance management and career development; document results
Desired Skills & Experience
- Significant experience of managing and delivering IT-based projects, within a cable/telco environment
- Product area knowledge (product catalog, order management and provisioning, commercial and residential voice, HSD, video)
- Strong experience with software delivery using Agile methodologies, having ideally participated in a certification course (e.g. CSM) or having comparable proven industry experience
- Exposure to Agile delivery tools such as VersionOne or JIRA
- Relevant university degree or equivalent
- Hands on experience working with enterprise software
- Excellent project documentation skills and project accounting
- Experience working with off-shore delivery teams in a distributed team model
- Experience working within a vendor/service-provider in a customer-facing project management role. Responds quickly and proactively to customer needs.
- Experience managing projects that include professional services with billable hours and fully utilized resources
- Experience managing project budgets and resource allocations within a matrix environment
- Driven to execute effectively, overcome obstacles, and see commitments through to completion, always raising the bar on quality. High degree of professionalism and accountability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to effectively address internal/external stakeholders up to the executive level. Strong relationship builder.
- Exceptional team leadership skills and demonstrated ability to develop and coach technical team members in multiple locations.
- Willing to continually search out and implement best practices as they relate to project management.
- Ability to travel 50 – 75% of the time