Job Title: Onsite Technical Support Analyst
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reports To: Technical Support Manager
We are looking for a Technical Support Analyst to work with our awesome team. If you are someone who prides themselves in being innovative, dedicated, agile, driven to exceed expectations and a champion of celebrating success, we want to hear from you!
The Onsite Technical Support Analyst will act as Sigma’s primary contact for a major US customer located in Ft Lauderdale, South Florida. The successful candidate will work with Sigma’s project and development teams to manage customer issues and deliver solutions. Responsibilities include account management, technical support, and delivery of new software. Please note that this is not a Help Desk position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as product expert – be the primary on-site contact with the customer for technical questions, support, product deployments, and tools. Triage reported issues to confirm as possible bug.
- Coordinate customer deployments with internal teams.
- Support the client by having an in depth knowledge of customer implementation and business processes.
- Represent the customer to ensure product issues are being tracked, prioritized, resolved, and incorporated into the product release cycle.
- Clearly identify, document and find solutions for customer issues and product problems.
- Escalate critical customer situations to the appropriate level of management and engineering expertise
- Communicate technical issues and solutions to the engineering, QA, and the customer base
- Assist customers with operational issues on the software.
- Provide off-hours support for P1 production cases
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong problem-solving skills. Must be able to debug and troubleshoot product issues in a complex environment. Able to provide workarounds and/or propose solutions with the assistance of development team.
- Weblogic: Able to maintain and troubleshoot java applications within Weblogic.
- UNIX/Linux: Intermediate-level knowledge, with some experience in basic UNIX commands and navigation.
- Database: Intermediate-level knowledge of Oracle (OR another relational database, such as Sybase or MS SQL), and basic SQLs/PL SQLqueries
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal), and interpersonal skills. Able to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and the customer.
- Able to travel for training and customer visits.
- Bachelor in Computer Science or equivalent
- Knowledge of telecom and cable domain, OSS/BSS software.
- Previous experience in Java programming will be an asset.