Job Title: .NET / SQL Developer
Reports To: Development Manager/Development Lead
Context: At the Junior level you are learning skills and developing competence.
Developers must participate in all aspects of the Sigma Systems product development life cycle.
Developers working within the engineering teams at Sigma Systems are expected to write quality, well-engineered, unit tested, maintainable and readable code, engineered according to Sigma Systems’ development and architectural standards
Standard design patterns should be followed where applicable and preferably they should follow a test driven approach to development.
Developers are required to engage with Product Management to produce technical and functional specification documentation appropriate to technical developer and non-technical business audiences.
- Develop a basic understanding of the languages and tools used by the team.
- Gain exposure to software development best practices such as TDD, debugging, documentation, etc.
- Learn good communication skills to be used with your teammates.
- Work with mentors and senior developers to rapidly grow your skills and understanding.
- Gain knowledge of the Sigma Product Suite and how and where it is used.
- Participate in the specification of software requirements and designs.
- Learn to engineer quality, maintainable and testable code
- Learn the needs of other teams such as QA or Documentation, and how best to support them.
- Learn and adhere to project and department standards for quality, proficiency, and customer satisfaction.
- Application development
- Composing and Writing Text
- Acquiring Information
- Delivering High Quality Work
- General project delivery skills
- Interacting with People at Different Levels
- Sharing Information
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Honours degree in computing or a related subject, or commensurate industry experience.
- Good verbal and written communication skills