Job Title: Inside Sales
Location: Toronto, Canada
Reports To: VP, Sales Enablement
Prepared By: Human Resources
Date: February 2017
We are looking for an Inside Sales representative to work with our awesome team. If you are someone who prides themselves in being innovative, dedicated, agile, driven to exceed expectations and a champion of celebrating success, we want to hear from you!
The Inside Sales representative is responsible to generate the sales pipeline with potential customers for Sigma by taking ownership of the global in-bound business development inquiries from Sigma’s prospects and partners, as well as through executing out-bound business development activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand the needs and expectations of prospects (inbound and outbound activities)
- Recommend different alternatives to prospects to address their requirements
- Present online presentations to potential customers
- Qualify / disqualify leads
- Create and execute outbound campaigns in partnership with the Marketing department in order to generate leads
- Work with marketing to manage a CRM (customer relationship management) database of potential customers and contact them regularly
- Operate the CRM to capture all lead information
- Ensure a smooth hand-off of the qualified lead from Inside Sales to an Outside Sales representative
- INBOUND Activities: Evaluate, prioritize, respond to and track in-bound business development inquiries (calls to Sigma, web inquiries, downloads, etc)
- OUTBOUND Activities: Execute out-bound business development activities (cold calling) to generate the sales pipeline against our target Prospect list by:
- Arranging meetings with Sigma’s potential customers at upcoming tradeshows
- Participate in trade show events as needed
- Arranging meetings with qualified leads for the Outside Sales team through-out the year
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Successful experience in an Inside Sales role with a record of achieving quotas and/or targets
- Experience in the telecommunications marketplace is highly desired
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is preferred
- Excellent communication skills to deal directly with customers and prospects in a professional manner
- A true team player mentality with the willingness to roll up your sleeves and work across teams (sales and marketing)
- Experience with using social media including LinkedIn and Google to design and execute campaigns.
- Experience with using campaign automation tools and marketing support systems – experience with MS Dynamics CRM and ClickDimensions is a plus.
- English a must, additional language skills such as Spanish an asset
- Strong presentation skills are a must for this position.
- Holds self accountable for achieving established performance objectives; and is highly self-motivated to learn, achieve and succeed in a fast-moving business environment.