Job Title: HR Assistant – 12 Month Contract
Location: Toronto, Canada
Reports To: Human Resources Manager
Prepared By: Human Resources
Date: March 2017
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly personable and ambitious individual to join our fast paced software company, Sigma Systems.
We specialize in providing products for communication, media and high tech companies.
We are seeking an HR Assistant to join the HR team. If you are someone who prides themselves in being innovative, dedicated, agile, driven to exceed expectations and a champion of celebrating success, we want to hear from you! The HR Assistant reports into the Human Resources Manager. This role will be responsible for providing a full-range of HR services with a special focus on recruiting. The ideal candidate will have a strong passion for Human Resources, be customer-focused and highly motivated.
Duties and Responsibilities
As our HR Assistant, you will:
- Participate and manage full-cycle recruitment and selection of potential candidates.
- Provide support to employees in various HR related topics such as leaves, compensation etc. and resolve issues and problems
- Be involved in special HR projects relating to employee engagement and development, health and safety, social media exposure, process improvement, immigration, etc.
- Prepare or maintain employment records related to events such as hiring, termination, leaves, transfers, or promotions
- Create and proofread documents including but not limited to job descriptions, policies etc.
- Promote a positive working environment and be available to employees and management as needed to enhance the employment experience
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Management with a focus on Human Resources (HR) Management is preferred. CHRP certified or working towards certification.
- 2-4 years of Human Resources experience including experience with recruiting. Experience recruiting for IT roles is a strong asset.
- Excellent organizational, analytic and communication skills
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to multi-task, appropriately prioritize and work in a fast paced and frequently changing environment
- Customer centric attitude with the ability to work with diverse people and cultures
- Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel is a bonus