Job Title: Front End Developer
Location: Toronto, ON
Developers must participate in all aspects of the Sigma Systems product development life cycle, and are expected to deliver code to specification, quality and in accordance to agreed timelines.
Developers are required to engage with Product Management to produce technical and functional specification documentation appropriate to technical developer and non-technical business audiences.
Developers working within the engineering teams at Sigma Systems are expected to write quality, well-engineered, unit tested, maintainable and readable code. Standard design patterns should be followed where applicable and preferably they should follow a test driven approach to development. Code must be engineered according to Sigma Systems’ development and architectural standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Engage with product management and generate documentation as specified by the Sigma Systems development process.
- Engage with Product management to understand functional and business requirements
- Engineer quality, maintainable and testable code.
- Implement unit tests and follow wherever possible a TDD approach.
- Ensure all assigned deliverables are completed on specification, quality and according to agreed timelines.
- Participate in product and architecture development and design.
- Engage with program / project manager to produce project timelines
- Provide feedback and status of development
- Perform code reviews
- Support peers to achieve project deliverables.
- Maintain skill set and stay up to date on emerging technologies.
- Follow Sigma Systems development and architectural and UI standards.
- Inform program / project manager of progress and surface project related issues impacting specification, quality or schedule.
- Engage with program / project manager through development cycle to mitigate risks to quality and / or project schedule.
- Participate with other engineering disciplines to ensure successful project delivery
Desired Skills and Experience
- Significant experience building, testing, and deploying high quality, highly reliable, scalable web applications, APIs, and user-interfaces in a team environment.
- A core competency in Java and other related technologies such as XML, and Oracle.
- Expertise in full stack web application development in
- AngularJS, jQuery etc, JSP, Bootstrap, Play
- HTML, and CSS (Twitter Bootstrap).
- Experience with and passion for quality-oriented software development best practices including unit and functional testing, automation, continuous integration, and low-dependency architectures.
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Design and Development
- Strong experience working on Product development using an agile methodology
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Education and Experience
Honours Degree in computing or a related subject, or commensurate industry experience.
- jQuery: 5 years
- Oracle: 5 years
- AngularJS: 5 years
- Front End Development: 5 years
- Java: 5 years
- HTML: 5 years