Job Title Front End Developer
Location Toronto, ON
Reports To Senior Director, Engineering
As a Front End Developer at Sigma Systems you will participate in all aspects of our product development life cycle. You will be a part of an A-team that always strives to deliver high quality code that meets requirements and is on time.
You will have the awesome opportunity to work on building a platform from the ground up: involvement in deciding on technologies, participating in requirements gathering and implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Engage with product management and generate documentation as specified by the Sigma Systems development process
- Engage with Product management to understand functional and business requirements
- Engineer quality, maintainable and testable code
- Implement unit tests and follow wherever possible a TDD approach.
- Ensure all assigned deliverables are completed on specification, quality and according to agreed timelines
- Participate in product and architecture development and design
- Engage with program / project manager to produce project timeline
- Engage with program / project manager through development cycle to mitigate risks to quality and / or project schedule
- Provide feedback and status of development
- Perform code reviews
- Support peers to achieve project deliverables
- Maintain skill set and stay up to date on emerging technologies
- Follow Sigma Systems development and architectural and UI standards
- Inform program / project manager of progress and surface project related issues impacting specification, quality or schedule
- Participate with other engineering disciplines to ensure successful project delivery
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in software development
- Expertise in full stack web application development in:
- AngularJS or similar, JQuery etc, JSP, Bootstrap
- HTML, and CSS (Twitter Bootstrap)
- Significant experience building, testing, and deploying high quality, highly reliable, scalable web applications, APIs, and user-interfaces in a team environment
- A core competency in Java and other related technologies such as XML, and Oracle
- Experience with and passion for quality-oriented software development best practices including unit and functional testing, automation, continuous integration, and low-dependency architectures
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Design and Development
- Strong experience working on Product development using an agile methodology
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Sigma Systems is the fastest path to creating, selling and delivering digital products and services. Our portfolio spans enterprise-wide product & service catalog, configure price quote, order management, service provisioning and device management – all of which can be deployed in the cloud or on-premise. Sigma software is enabling product innovation and business agility at large communications, media and high-tech service providers globally.
We offer a fast-paced, success-oriented work environment fueled by the talent, skills and expertise of our employees. We offer competitive salaries, performance-based incentives, a world of career opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package.
Our corporate values of innovation, dedication and agility allow us to exceed expectations while saluting success along the way.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, apply today to join our team and help us do things The Sigma Way!