Job Title: CALA Senior Project Manager
Sigma Systems is seeking a Senior Project Manager to join our team. This role has front line responsibility in leading major projects in Region, developing and nurturing relationships with respective accounts in region. The role will report to the CALA Regional Delivery Director If you are someone who prides themselves in being innovative, dedicated, agile, driven to exceed expectations and a champion of celebrating success, we want to hear from you!
- Sao Paulo, Brazil (available to travel in Region as needed).
- Take ownership and manage multiple projects simultaneously in the Region; is responsible for performance, cost, scope, schedule, quality, and appropriate business measurements of these projects.
- Work with the client to identify business requirements, develop the proposal and translate customer requirements into formal agreements and plans to culminate in customer acceptance of results.
- Creation of the project Statement of Work (SOW) and corresponding budget.
- Responsible for organizing and leading cross functional teams in developing and implementing project deliverables; ensure that all project work packages and tasks are properly and realistically estimated, documented, scheduled and tracked.
- Managing a matrix based project team spread across multiple locations and time zones.
- Convey to all team members a full understanding of the customer requirements of the project; work with project team members, internal Sigma-Systems Group customers and external customers to identify and resolve issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Preparing project profit and loss statements, tracking schedule and cost variance.
- Prepare and present feasibility studies, performance and transaction/system analysis, alternative analyses and cost estimates for proposed projects.
- Understand the technology and how it can answer customers’ needs and identify appropriate solutions.
- Evaluate projects, via post-mortem process, and teamwork performance in respect to performance management and career development; document results.
- Manage designated accounts in region to protect the business and actively support SIGMA’s Sales Team to upsell future solutions and services
- Available to travel as needed.
ON CUSTOMER PREMISE
- Demonstrated ability to lead a customer engagement proactively – active listening, speaking up and voicing your opinion, appreciating customer concerns, setting expectations and following up on commitments
- Foster relationships at the technical and management level to broaden Sigma reach and to gain an appreciation of the customer operations
- Develop and deliver regularly effective client presentations to report project progress and risk management initiatives, demonstrating a “can do” approach to work – willing to roll up sleeves, think on your feet, communicate clearly in pressure situations, and willing to go the extra mile to satisfy the customer.
- Product area knowledge (product catalog, order management and provisioning, commercial and residential voice, HSD, video).
- Excellent project documentation skills.
- Strong background in project accounting.
- Exceptional team leadership skills and demonstrated ability to develop and coach technical team members in multiple locations.
- Willing to continually search out and implement best practices as they relate to project management.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal), and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem-solving, written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; able to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and the customer, with lively presentation skills
- Must have experience analyzing and understanding data
- Must be able to make quick, thoughtful decisions
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills to achieve successful results working closely with customer and internal resources
- Knowledge of telecom and cable domain, OSS/BSS software.
- Fluency in Portuguese and English
- Strong English communication skills are mandatory
- Ability to speak Spanish is a definite asset
- Critical thinking
- Demonstrating tenacity and perseverance
- Displaying creativity
- Displaying technical expertise
- Adapting to change
- Communicating effectively
- Championing customer needs
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Over 10 years of experience managing complex projects, of which at least 6 delivering Technology-based projects within a Service provider cable/telco environment.
- Experience managing multi phased projects that include professional services across multiple timezones.with billable hours and fully utilized resources
- Experience managing project profit/loss budgets and resource allocations within a matrix environment.
- Driven to execute effectively, overcome risk and see commitments through to completion, always raising the bar on quality. High degree of professionalism and accountability.
- Experience with software delivery methodologies using PMBOK and Agile methodology and Jira / VersionOne Agile tool preferred.
- PMP Certification is an asset