Job Title: Associate Developer
Reports To: Development Manager/Development Lead
Context: At the Software level you are applying your skills and developing expertise.
Developers must participate in all aspects of the Sigma Systems product development life cycle.
Developers working within the engineering teams at Sigma Systems are expected to write quality, well-engineered, unit tested, maintainable and readable code, engineered according to Sigma Systems’ development and architectural standards.
Standard design patterns should be followed where applicable and preferably they should follow a test driven approach to development.
Developers are required to engage with Product Management to produce technical and functional specification documentation appropriate to technical developer and non-technical business audiences.
- Leverage best practices to write and continually improve the code base.
- Develop mastery in the tools, languages and frameworks used by the team.
- Begin practicing and learning how to teach/mentor less experienced teammates.
- Become proficient in the ‘real-world’ use of Sigma Products you are developing.
- Own the specification of software requirements and designs, engaging with Product owners to understand functional and business requirements
- Learn to engineer quality, maintainable and testable code
- Learn how to measure non-functional aspects of the code, particularly performance and scalability.
- Adhere to project and department standards for quality, proficiency, and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure all your assigned deliverables are completed on specification, quality and according to agreed timelines
- Application development
- Composing and Writing Text
- Acquiring Information
- Delivering High Quality Work
- General project delivery skills
- Interacting with People at Different Levels
- Sharing Information
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Honours degree in computing or a related subject, or commensurate industry experience.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience building, testing, and deploying high quality, highly reliable, scalable web applications, APIs, and user-interfaces in a team environment.
- Experience working on Product development using an agile methodology